One who aims to become a nurse must be well-versed with the unique facts about nursing. Nursing is considered to be one of the most vital professions across the globe. Keep reading to explore the exciting features of the profession in this article.
WHAT IS NURSING?
In simple words, nursing involves taking care of individuals, families, communities, or groups irrespective of the age groups in which they fall. It also includes the measures taken for the prevention from illness, care for ill or diseased people, and promotion of health.
- The nurses continuously monitor the patients’ health and provide a helping hand to the physicians who are treating them. It is indeed a hectic job as medical professionals have to deal with delicate attributes.
- Nursing can be considered one of the most prestigious career options for students who are interested in this field.
- Do you want to pursue a nursing degree from a top university? It would be best if you research well before applying to the colleges. Before knowing about the degree programs in nursing, you must have enough knowledge about the nursing field.
10 AMAZING FACTS ABOUT NURSING PROGRAMS!!!
- It is one of the most ethical professions:
- If you wish to acquire a bachelor’s degree in nursing, you must be proud to know that it is considered one of the most valuable, prestigious, and ethical professions across the globe.
- Nurses have proven to be the most honest professionals beating engineers, doctors, pharmacists, police officers, clergy, and other professionals.
- Nurses can also become doctors:
Yes, you have heard right. Nurses can indeed attain a Doctorate of Philosophy degree (research-based doctorate) or a Doctorate in Nursing Practice. DNP is the highest degree in the field of nursing.
- Origin of nursing:
- It is interesting to know that Florence Nightingale, an upper-class British woman, is the first nurse in the world. In 1854, she successfully captured the people’s imagination by accompanying a group of female nurses in Crimea.
- The team of nurses led by Florence Nightingale delivered the services to the soldiers.
- Florence Nightingale is also known as the mother of nursing.
- Nursing is considered to be a difficult job:
- Nursing is not everyone’s cup of tea as it requires complete devotion to the job. The person needs to be selfless and have a positive attitude towards every situation as they have to deal with the worst cases.
- Professional nurses have to sacrifice their personal lives to provide the best services to the patients or the people who hire them. Being a nurse, you need to be alert and attentive during your working hours.
- Nurses are left with less time to socialize with others:
- During the training programs, the students learn to distance themselves from the outer world as the nurses might not get enough time for themselves.
- The nursing job is tiresome, and you might have extended working hours as per the situation.
- No one could forecast what will be going to happen in the next moment. As far as the health of a person is concerned, carelessness could lead to dire consequences. Nurses are well-trained not to put them under such situations and pay attention to their work.
- Learn to become comfortable with flexible shifts:
- Nursing is not meant for you if you want to work for fixed hours and choose shifts at your convenience. Being a nursing student, you cannot expect such things as attending patients who seek medical attention. Your negligence can put their lives in danger.
- Nurses work in flexible shifts as per the requirements and emergencies. Sometimes, they have to word in double-shift, if the circumstances demand so.
- Be prepared to go to any extent:
- You can also declare nursing as one of the noblest occupations. Here, the nurse should assume they are doing social service by attending the needy. There is no job description for the nursing profile.
- The work of a nurse does not limit to just giving the medications to the patients. They have to make people feel comfortable with their presence. The nurses must have the capabilities of cleaning, caring, cooking, guarding, interpreting, etc.
- You need to start from the basics:
- Nursing programs in Australia teach the students to start from the beginning.
- Do not start trying to give medications on the very first day of your service as a nurse. You have to start with the basics of nursing and then move ahead.
- Nursing officially started in 1859 in Australia:
- In Australia, nursing originated in 1859. The District nursing service came into existence in Australia, and it is also known as community nursing.
- It offers nursing treatment at the homes of the patients who seek urgent nursing services.
- Pay Scale of a nurse in Australia:
- Nursing is a rewarding career. But, do the financial rewards offered to the nurses match the job’s demands?
- As per research,
- The average increase in the salaries of nursing hardly crossed 2%- Between 2010 and 2015
- A fixed increment of 1% in the salaries of nurses was implemented- Between 2015 and 2017.
- A new pay deal was implemented where the salaries increased over a span of three years- Between 2018 to March 2021.
If nursing is your career option, it would be beneficial if you know more about it. You need to focus well on your training to get better career options. Nursing students have to deal with college assignments regularly, which could make it challenging to explore new things.
If you are struggling with your nursing assignments and wish to seek assistance with your task, LiveWebTutors offers the best online assistance with assignments. Get professional nursing assignments written by leading nursing experts in the field. Submit timely essays and stay ahead in the field of competition.