123.hp.com/setup Instructions for configuring new Hp printer
Knowing 123.hp.com/setup to configure the hp printer has more or less difficult depending on whether it is to configure a local printer through a USB cable or to add a wireless printer over a network. Both have different sets of steps to complete. In theory, it is not the same as how to configure an HP printer or any other brand, but knowing how to configure a printer and carry out printing successfully is rather easier than it seems and with detailed instructions given here, your hp printer will be set up in no time.
How to easily configure a 123 hp printer?
Whether you intend to connect the Hp printer via USB cable or over a wireless network, initial steps are the same, so read and follow them attentively.
● Bring out the printer from the box, remove the packaging, and sort out various cable that comes with it.
● Depending upon the model of the printer either insert the ink cartridges in the cartridge cabinet or fill the ink in the ink tank.
● Connect the power cable to the power supply and its respective port on the printer.
● Turn on the printer and computer. You may hear some weird sound coming out of the printer, don’t worry, it’s just printers parts adjusting and calibrating with each other.
123.hp.com/setup for USB connection
After you have performed the initial setup, now it’s time to actually connect the printer to the computer. The connection could be wired or wireless, we describe both here, but first the USB connection.
● Use the appropriate cable to connect the printer to the computer. Each printer usually has a USB cable packed with it.
● The USB cable should be inserted in both the USB port in the PC and the printer.
● At this point, if the computer asks to install drivers, install them either through the disc that comes with the printer or through the internet, from the 123.hp.com/setup website of hp.
● If the system does not ask for them, it will probably proceed with automatic installation.
● Currently, all the latest hp printers are quick to install, so they do not need to go through any lengthy or complicated driver installation process in the USB connection.
● Once the USB installation is complete, the program will ask you to print a test page to verify that the 123 Hp setup is really configured correctly and that all the different parts of the printer are working properly
123.hp.com/setup for wireless configuration of the hp printer
A wireless printer is very practical. Not only because no connection cables avoid tangles and allow better cleaning and maintenance of the workspace. Also because it allows us to have the printer separate from the work table, leaving it free for other devices. It is easy to configure the hp printer wirelessly, directly with a computer by following the step by step that we show you here;
● Place the printer in a place where it has access to the Wi-Fi signal, just like your computer. Although both devices are remote, both must have Internet access to install the wireless printer.
● Turn on the wifi on your printer, the most printer comes with a physical button to do so. The Printer will search for the network and connect to it.
● Now click on the Start menu and open the Control Panel. If your OS is not the latest Windows 10 version, simply access the control panel with the desktop icon.
● After this click on the Devices and Printers option or on View devices and printers option.
● Here, from the list of settings click on Add a printer at the top of the window.
● On the next window choose the Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer option.
● Choose your printer from the list of available devices and click Next.
● Perform a test print to verify that everything is correct and the 123 hp-setup is Complete.
123.hp.com/setup for wireless configuration on MAC computer
● Click on the Apple menu first and then scroll down and select System Preferences from the list.
● Now choose the Print and scan option.
● Click and hold the “+” button at the bottom of the printer list and select the printer you are interested in adding from the menu displayed on your screen.
● In case the printer you want is not in the list shown, don’t worry; just click the IP box at the top of the Add Printer window and enter the printer’s IP address into the Address field. You can find the IP address in the user manual.
● Click on Download and install if the computer prompts you to do so. It is very likely that your apple computer already has the necessary program to configure the hp printer. If not, it will allow you to download the necessary drivers easily from the Apple website.
● Run a test print to verify that everything is working and your Hp printer is correctly connected to your Apple computer.
Hp printer WiFi Protected Setup configuration
Hp printer offers another way to connect to your computer over a wireless network. It’s called the WPS connection mode. But it can only work if your router is WPS enabled. Read the instruction manual of your router to confirm whether it supports the WPS or not. If it does, then apply the below-mentioned steps to connect your Hp printer through this method. Also, you will need the network name and passkey. It’s usually written on the back of the router.
● You will find the WPS button on your router, what you have to do is, hold it for a minute to switch on the WPS feature.
● Do the same with the WPS button on the printer.
● Once the printer searches and find the network you are on, it will try to connect with it. At this point, you may be asked to enter the network name and passkey.
● Enter them carefully and wait, your printer will establish the connection with your computer and be ready to print.