A video game developer, Jackbox games, was rebranded in 2013 after its closure in 2001. The company is well known for its best games like ‘You Don’t Know Jack’ series and ‘The Jackbox Party Pack’ series.
If you haven’t heard about the Jackbox Games ever, this will be an exciting breakthrough for you. The best thing about these digital party games is that it enables only a single person to own and run them. However, if you’re looking forward to playing with your family and friends, all you need to do is share the screen via the Zoom app.
Interestingly, other members can use any browser of any platform, including PC, tablet, or smartphone, to play the game. This little piece of information, as mentioned above, might have intrigued you if you’re unfamiliar with the Jackbox online games. Thus, if you’re interested to know more about the same, below is a guide on playing the ideal online party game. So, let’s get started!
Jackbox games were specially designed for in-person parties. It expects you to gather in a single room, open websites individually on browsers, and start playing. However, with the ongoing pandemic, you can rather stream the game on the Zoom app and play the same from different places. Furthermore, you may use any third-party screen-sharing app to play and stream.
Using the Zoom app is an excellent method to connect with your friends and family. Whether it is about sharing jokes, competing with drawings, or trying to track the person lying about being the secret alien, it is a great and fun way of social gaming.
Jackbox games are mostly available in packs, including half a dozen games. Every game allows four to ten people to play, and if you don’t want to buy these ‘party packs,’ you may buy these games individually, which are not available everywhere.
These multi-platform games can be purchased in the sale, and these products can be found on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Steam, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Epic Games, Fanatical, the Humble Store, Comcast Xfinity, and the Mac App Store.
Before getting started with the games on Zoom, get the games or packs you want to play. Once you’ve bought a game, it can be played for free by your family and friends. Next, install the game on your PC, and once the process is done, you’re ready to stream and play with your friends.
Playing Jackbox Games on Zoom
The instructions to play the Jackbox games on Zoom are:
- Once the game is running, your friends are required to view your screen, which is possible via the Zoom app. Visit the Zoom website and click on the ‘Download’ button under the ‘Zoom Client for Meetings’ section.
- The Zoom app will get downloaded. Launch the app and fill in the details to sign in.
- Click on the ‘New Meeting’ option.
- A new window will appear. Locate the ‘Invite’ icon in the toolbar and click on the same to send invitations.
- Once everyone has joined the meeting, click on the ‘Share Screen’ button to start streaming.
- Select the Jackbox game in the pop-up menu and mark the checkbox for the ‘Share computer sound’ option.
- Hit the ‘Share’ button.
- The Jackbox game window will start sharing. All the players need to open their browsers and go to Jackbox.tv.
- Type the code appearing on the screen.
As soon as you enter the code in the given space, the players will enter the game and finally play. That was easy, right? Even though you cannot conduct gaming parties in one place, you can still have fun sitting and playing in your comfort space. Bring together your squad and plan a gaming night with Jackbox games.