Nowadays, nearly all web browsers come with a feature called private browsing mode. Now, privacy has become an important topic, and we all should take our online privacy and security more seriously. When you open any web browser for visiting any site, all of your online activity can be (and is being) tracked. So, to maintain your privacy, you should use your browser in private browsing mode. And if you are a user of any Apple device and use the Safari browser on them, you can easily enable the private browsing mode. Do you want to know how you can start Safari always in the private browsing mode on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer? Do you want to get some tips for this?
When you browse the web in normal mode, all of your search activities get automatically stored in the history section. And these days, cyber-attacks and new threats are continuously evolving. And, of course, nobody wants to take any risks regarding their online privacy and security. So, if you are worried about protecting your online privacy, you should consider using your web browser always in private browsing mode. Some iOS device users might not know how to use the Safari browser on their devices, always in the private browsing mode. So, for them, here we have mentioned the procedure that will help them to do so. If you are also an iOS device user and don’t know how you can always start the Safari browser in private mode, then to get the instructions, you must keep reading this article.
The Method for Starting Safari Always in the Private Browsing Mode
Before enabling the Safari browser’s private browsing mode on your Apple devices, you need to know its functionality and how it works. There are various ways through which you can increase your online privacy. Using the web browser in private browsing mode is the simplest and the best way. Whenever you use the Safari browser in the private browsing mode on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer, it prevents the websites from tracking your activity. And enabling the feature will also prevent the browser from saving any of your browsing data. Safari is the commonly used web browser among millions of Apple device users, and it comes pre-installed on all iOS devices. This web browser also includes a lot of great features that you can use to increase your online security.
Starting the Safari browser always in incognito (Private browsing) mode is an easy task that any Apple device user can perform. For this, you will have to go through the settings app on your devices. Let’s see the procedure in detail.
Instructions to Start the Safari Web Browser Always in Private Browsing Mode on iPhone and iPad
Here’s how you can always start the Safari web browser in the private browsing mode on your iPhone and iPad:
- To always start the Safari browser in the private browsing mode on your iPhone and iPad, first of all, you will have to launch the Settings app on your device.
- On the settings page, scroll down and tap on the option of “Safari.”
- And now, turn on the toggle button given next to the option of “Private Browsing” to enable the functionality.
- Now, a pop-window will open up your device screen. And here, you will be provided with two options, including “Keep All” and “Close All.” You can choose any of these options. The “Keep All” option will keep all the current tabs open on your device. On the other hand, the “Close All” option will close down all of the currently opened tabs.
- And now, whenever you want to turn off the browser’s private browsing mode, you can do so by repeating the same steps. And at last, tap on the “Private Browsing” switch to turn off the functionality. And that’s all. This way, you can enable or disable the private browsing mode in the Safari browser on your iPhone and iPad.
And now, after discussing the steps for starting Safari always in the private browsing mode on iPhone and iPad, it’s time to see how you can perform the same task on your Mac computer.
The Steps to Always Start the Safari Browser in the Private Browsing Mode on a Mac
If you use a Mac computer and want to use the Safari browser always in the private browsing mode, here’s what you will need to do:
- First of all, on your Mac computer, you will have to launch the Safari browser. And now, go to the menu bar that you can see placed at the top of your screen and then click on the option of “Safari” and then click on the “Preferences” option.
- And now, a “Preferences” pop-up window will open up on your screen. And here, you will need to make sure that you are on the “General” tab. On the General tab, you will be able to see an option stating, “Safari opens with” located beside the drop-down menu.
- To proceed further, you will need to click on the drop-down menu and then choose the option of “A new private window” from the options provided. And that’s all.
- You can now exit the preferences window. And also, close the Safari browser and relaunch it. And now, whenever you will open the Safari browser, you will be able to see a window with a “Private browsing Enabled” notification at the top of your screen.
And this is how you can be able to always start the Safari browser in the private browsing mode on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac computer. And that’s all for now. Please stay tuned with us for more updates.