Internet Explorer is a web browser that is developed by Microsoft for the Windows 10 operating system. Internet Explorer has always been one of the most famous and widely used web browsers, but now, its market share has started to decrease. And this is because Microsoft has added an updated web browser to its Windows operating system, and that is none other than Chromium-based Edge browser. Microsoft has updated the Edge browser by adding many new features and options to it. And now, a lot of Windows users have started using this browser. Do you also use a Windows computer and have stopped using Internet Explorer? Well, if you don’t use the Internet Explorer browser on your Windows computer, then what’s the point of keeping it on your device? And, that might make sense to remove the unused Internet Explorer browser from your computer.
Do you want to know how you can remove the Internet Explorer browser from your Windows computer? Want to get some tips for performing this task? If you are looking for ways to remove Internet Explorer from your computer system, then you are in the right place now. The following article will show you the method that any Windows users can use to uninstall Internet Explorer from their computer. So, please go through this entire post to discover the technique.
The Process for Removing Internet Explorer on Windows Computer
With the method mentioned here, any Windows user can quickly remove the Internet Explorer browser from their computer. So, suppose you have also decided to make Edge your default browser and want to remove Internet Explorer from your Windows computer. In that case, you must follow the instructions that are mentioned below. So, it’s time to get started with the procedure:
Steps to Uninstall Internet Explorer on Windows Computer
Go through the below-mentioned steps to get started with the technique of removing Internet Explorer on a Windows computer:
- To get started, launch the Settings page on your Windows computer.
- After reaching the Settings screen, go through the option of “Apps.”
- And now, navigate to the option of “Apps and Features.”
- On the Apps and Features page, go to the right pane and click on the option of “Programs and Features” given under the “Related Settings” section.
- Now, go to the left pane and select the “Turn Windows Feature On or Of” option.
- On the next window, you will have to untick the “Internet Explorer 11” option and then click on the “Ok” button.
- Confirm your action by going through the “Yes” button. And at last, complete the procedure by clicking on the “Restart Now” button.
This is another quick and easy method for removing Internet Explorer on Windows computer:
- According to this method, firstly, you will have to go to the “Start” button.
- And then, search for the PowerShell using the Start menu search bar and then click on the option of “Run as Administrator.”
- And after reaching the PowerShell window, you will have to type the following command: “Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName Internet-Explorer-Optional-amd64 –Online.”
- After typing the following command, use the enter key to proceed.
- And now, type “Y” and then hit the enter key to confirm your action.
These were the two simplest and straightforward methods for removing the Internet Explorer browser on a Windows computer. Try any of these techniques now if you also want to remove the browser from your computer. And please visit our website to get more tech-related information.