A Stardew Valley Silo is simply a farm building that is purchasable from the carpenter owner who is ‘Robin’. You can collect it from Robin between 9 am and 5 pm that takes two days to construct. If you are wondering about the cost to build a silo, the Stardew valley silo will cost 100 gold, 100 stone, 5 copper bars, and 10 clay.
Stardew valley silo is really helpful in keeping track of how much hay your animals have, a Stardew Valley silo takes care of everything. Unlike other structures that you build, a silo is a huge building.
Stardew silo placement
Stardew valley Silo takes up a three by three space of your land and it might need your creativity in placing the structure to your convenience, as all structures make work easier in Stardew valley.
Image credits: Stardewvalleywiki
Features you get for Building a Silo?
Features of Stardew valley silo are as follows
- Stardew Valley Silo stores 240 hay inside of it. You will get to know about the current amount in the silo that is by interacting with it.
- After you have purchased a silo from robin, then if you cut grass with your scythe, there’s a 50% chance to drop hay which automatically goes to the silo. Other than the scythe, if you use a pickaxe, sword, or any other item, it won’t count. Alternatively, you can just also purchase from Marnie’s ranch for 50 gold or by harvesting wheat.
- You will be able to access your hay that is stored in the silo through the hay hoppers located inside coops and barns.
Stardew valley silo placement would be
You can place it anywhere on your farm as long as it’s near your house or your barn and make sure that it doesn’t block easy routes between the three exits.
This tip will be helpful: If you think you are having a hard time coming up with the clay then you should look for wormy artifact spots. They drop two or more clay much often.
Suggestions for Building a Silo
This suggestion will be helpful for you:
- Compared to other buildings, silos take little resources to build and can be used to store hay that will meet the needs of your animals.
- Silos’ main impact comes mostly during the winter season when all the grass dies, so it is recommended to cut as much grass as you can by the end of the fall.
- A scythe usually gives you a 50% chance to drop hay
- You will be able to see the current amount of hay stored in the silo through the Farm computer.
- Multiple silos can store your hay in the chest box until you have finished building.