A dissertation has a significant role in shaping an individual’s skills and provide exposure to their abilities. If you are a Ph.D. A student or a student pursuing post-graduation in any field, you cannot skip a dissertation or thesis project.
What Is A Dissertation?
The term dissertation and thesis are interchangeable. A dissertation is the final research-based project that allows students to explore a topic in-depth.
- A dissertation title must be attractive and able to grab the reader’s attention quickly. You have to be picky while designing a perfect title for your dissertation.
- The title of your dissertation needs to be informative and precise. It should reflect what readers will explore reading the document.
- It would be best if you considered certain factors to design the perfect title for your thesis
What Are The Components Of A Thesis Title?
The title is considered to be the most vital element of a dissertation title page. You need to ensure that you have included the three major components:
- Purpose of the Thesis:
A dissertation includes majorly two purposes.
- It covers your interest area.
- It covers the aspects of the subject.
- The outcome of the research:
Your dissertation title must give the idea to readers about the expected outcomes. You have to highlight the crucial outcomes of your study in your title. It could engage more readers.
- The research design and methodology:
Different people follow different strategies to write the dissertation. Some of the most popular approaches include using longitudinal data, a sampling strategy targeting a specific group or region, comparative studies, data analysis, qualitative studies, etc. The title must also reflect the research strategy adopted that helped you finish your dissertation or thesis paper.
While choosing the title, you have to keep in mind the below-mentioned things:
Long titles can confuse the readers. The readers who would like to read the paper should find it relevant as per their requirements regardless of how excellent your work is. Please, it is recommended to not write lengthy titles as it would unnecessarily increase the word count, and the readers could face difficulty understanding it.
The style guide is quite essential when you aim to design a title. It will give you an idea of the style you must follow to format your title. It is mentioned in the guidelines and requirements set by the university. Different universities have different requirements, and students need to adhere to them strictly.
Uniqueness and Humor:
Uniqueness is the key factor that makes your dissertation title stand out. It is beneficial to use a humorous title, but the main focus should be delivering critical information through the title. If your title does not convey the main idea of your study, it might be highly dissatisfactory for the paper.
Your dissertation title must be relevant, reflecting the purpose of your dissertation paper. Your title must be suitable as per the central argument of your writing.
Please do not compromise with the clarity of your dissertation title, as it would be the first thing that will appear in front of readers. You can also ask your professor or friend to check the clarity of the title.
Ask specific questions to yourself after finalizing the title:
- Does your dissertation title highlight the purpose of your research?
- Have you included the context?
- Can readers predict the outcomes of the research?
- Have you highlighted your research strategies?
Following the tips would help you move to the final decision over your dissertation title. But if not, consulting a professional Dissertation Editing Services provider will help you.
THESIS TITLE EXAMPLES:
Some popular examples of thesis titles are:
- Online Education v/s the traditional classroom for adult learners
- Online shopping: Analysis of consumer’s safety perception with online transactions.
- The rise of Hollywood: A historical context.
- Italian prisons during the 19th century: A study of management system after Unification
- Technology secrecy and its effects during the Second World War: A review of US Patent and Office Trademark Special War Technologies.
- Detailed analysis of factors influencing the student’s mind to move overseas for higher studies.
- HIV-positive employees: Is termination of employment valid or not?
- Use of social media by international companies: a review of EA sales strategies.
Ph.D. DISSERTATION TITLE EXAMPLES:
Some popular examples of dissertation titles are:
- Injustice and Brutality: A study of symbolism in “The Animal Farm” by George Orwell.
- The voice of women: The transformation of girls into women in 17th-century fiction.
- 3. Methods of candidate selection: A review of “Democratization” of these methods.
- Review of the Asbestos disaster with emphasis on the evolution of the Asbestos industry.
- Virtue, Property, and Honor: Study of Edmund Burke on the Government
- Balance of deterrence and power between Iran and Saudi Arabia in the Post-Arab uprisings.
- Detailed study of the formation period and home rule in Washington State.
- The use of bio-climatic indicators in the cultivation of tea: Extensive study of the Uji area.
- A wasted resource: Factors that affect the use of calculators in the classroom
If you are still confused while deciding the perfect dissertation or thesis title, taking an expert’s assistance would be preferable for you. The experts hold accurate knowledge and have the skill to write the perfect title. You can also ask your supervisor to help you out in finalizing the title.
The title must be capable of grabbing the attention of the readers. Your dissertation title must communicate to the readers from your side, stating what your dissertation is all about. You must be extremely cautious of picking an ideal dissertation title. Follow the strategy discussed earlier while designing the title for your dissertation or thesis project. If you are still confused and cannot reach an accurate conclusion, getting help from a reliable dissertation editing service expert will be beneficial.
Devin Smith is a contributing writer to Livewebtutors. He is a podcaster, style coach and has been a blogger and a professional blogger writing about educational skills, personality development, and motivation since 2010. He has her own blogging website and well-established blog.