QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start or won’t open issues can be seen when the user tries to open the QuickBooks desktop. This error comes up on the screen with an error message stating “QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first”. In certain situations, no error might appear on the screen, but the system freezes suddenly. As a consequence of this error, the user might face issues with the system as well.
There can be certain triggers behind to this error QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start are listed later in this post. Thus, make sure that you read this post till the end or call us using our number i.e. 1-844-405-0906.
Triggers to QuickBooks doesn’t start issue
The user can end up in QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start error, due to the following factors:
- In case of missing or damaged QBWUSER.ini file
- Or incorrect installation of QuickBooks desktop
- Also, if the hard disk is corrupted
- Or the company name is very large
Steps to resolve QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start or won’t open error
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks tool hub that was downloaded earlier
- Also, choose installation issues
- The user is then required to select the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool and let it run
- And this might take some time around 20 minutes
- Also, after the tool completes its task, reboot the system
- Lastly, start QuickBooks and open the company file
Getting rid of the QuickBooks desktop doesn’t start error becomes easy using the below stated steps. Whereas, of you are still unable to get rid of the issue, then in that case, you can reach out to our QuickBooks premier technical support team of professionals and ask them to perform the required steps on your behalf.
You might also read: