QuickBooks unexpected error 5 is seen with a warning message stating “Got unexpected error 5 in a call to NetShareGetInfo for Path”. The major reason behind the occurrence of this error can be invalid entries in the windows registry or the system is not configured properly. The user might end up in this sort of error while working on QuickBooks and also due to any sort of malware attack. If you are wondering how to get rid of QuickBooks unexpected error 5, then your search ends over here.
This post will brief you with the causes and fixes of QuickBooks unexpected error 5. Thus, abide by the post and we will cover all your queries here under. In case you are short of time and want this error to be resolved sooner, then consult our team at 1-800-761-1787, and our experts will ensure to fix the error for you immediately.
Causes behind the QuickBooks error code 5
One can get into the QuickBooks error 5, due to the following factors:
- In case the QuickBooks is not installed properly, then the user might end up in such an error
- Or when the windows registry entry or the system file has been deleted accidentally, then such error might appear
- Also, if the PC shuts down instantly
- In case of malware attack or any virus might end up in such an error
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 5
One can easily get rid of the QuickBooks error code 5, by carrying out any of the below methods.
Method 1: Removing the user
The first method can be to delete the user and try fixing the error. The steps to be followed here are:
- First of all, the user should launch the company tab in QuickBooks desktop and select the users
- After that, choose set up users and roles
- Followed by selecting the user and also select next
- The last step is to click on ok tab to confirm
Method 2: Downloading and installing reimage repair tool
Another method can be to download and install a reimage repair tool.
- For this, the user needs to download and save the tool on the desktop
- And then, move to the location of the file and press yes when prompted
- To start the automatic scan, the user needs to unmark the checkbox
- Also, the user should select install and the tool will get scanned automatically
- The last step is to press start repair and reboot the system
Solutions mentioned in above are expected to work in dealing with QuickBooks unexpected error 5 successfully. If you stumble upon the same error again, then we are here to rescue you. Give us a call at 1-800-761-1787, and leave the rest on our technically sound QuickBooks enterprise support team.