The abdomen is an area where fat tends to accumulate easily. When compared to women, men have a higher tendency to store fat in the abdominal area. This excess fat is usually resistant to even stringent exercise and diets. Male abdomen liposuction in Manhattan is an ideal option to address moderate but stubborn fat deposits in the abdominal area. Performed using the FDA-approved laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex workstation, the procedure removes stubborn pockets of fat from abdomen and results in trim, sculpted abdomen.
How Stomach Laser Liposuction is Performed
Laser liposuction of the abdomen removes subcutaneous fat that lies beneath the skin and on top of the abdominal muscle wall, while simultaneously tightening the overlying skin to provide a tighter, flatter, and athletic-looking midsection. The Smartlipo device features three different wavelengths (1064nm, 1440nm and 1320nm) for liquefying excess fat and the coagulating tissue. Its intelligent systems, SmartSense™, ThermaView™ and ThermaGuide™, deliver laser energy in the right proportion to provide superior body contouring and skin tightening effects.
The procedure begins with the administration of local anesthesia. The tiny laser-assisted cannula of the Smartlipo device is inserted into the treatment site via a small incision. Laser energy is delivered to target the unwanted fat and melt it so that it can be easily removed. Smartlipo male abdomen liposuction offers several benefits like –
• Minimal pain, scarring and discomfort
• Fast healing
• Quick recovery
• Short treatment time and patient downtime
• Needs only local anesthesia
• Performed on outpatient basis
Who is an Ideal Candidate for Male Abdomen Liposuction?
To be an ideal candidate for the procedure, a person must meet the following criteria –
• Be above 18 years of age
• Have localized fat deposits in the abdomen/tummy region
• Be in good general health without any underlying medical conditions
• Be close to their ideal body weight
• Have healthy skin with good elasticity
• Must not smoke
• Have realistic expectations
The following people are not good candidates for the procedure –
• Are obese and have a long way to go to achieve their ideal body weight
• Experience frequent weight fluctuations
• Have health problems that are not properly controlled
• Smokers (smoking increases the risk of complications and delays healing)
Though laser liposuction procedure is safe and provides optimal results with minimal pain and downtime, proper aftercare is crucial for smooth recovery. Here are some post-operative care tips for recovery after abdomen liposuction –
• Take the medications as recommended by the plastic surgeon to reduce pain and swelling.
• Wear the compression garment as advised. This will help reduce swelling and bruising, maintain the pressure on the liposuction area, stop bleeding and help contour the site. Patients usually wear the garment for a couple of weeks after the procedure.
• On the day after the procedure, take complete rest. You can resume light walking based on your plastic surgeon’s advice as this will help improve blood flow. Avoid strenuous exercises for a couple of weeks after the procedure.
• Take proper care of the incision site. An unclean incision site can cause complications that may affect the healing process.
• Avoid smoking and drinking and follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen to maintain your results.
If you are considering abdomen liposuction in Manhattan, NYC, choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery facility that offers the services of experienced plastic surgeons. An experienced and skilled plastic surgeon in an NYC liposuction center will provide customized treatment and end-to-end care and support till complete recovery.