So you’ve decided to take the plunge into eCommerce and you have selected Shopify as your platform of choice. If this is your first time doing anything like this, it can seem a bit intimidating, but with the right steps and a little bit of direction, you’ll have a store up and running in no time.
Where to start? Follow the steps below and make sure you read to the end if you want to make sure you actually get people to find your new store using Shopify SEO!
Steps to Launch a Shopify Store
This is the easy part (believe it or not)! Here are the steps a store owner should take to start an online store using Shopify:
1. Sign up for a Shopify account: Go to shopify.com and click on the “Start free trial” button to create an account. You’ll be asked to enter some basic information, such as your email address and the type of business you have.
2. Choose a theme: Shopify offers a variety of professional-looking themes to choose from. You can browse the themes and preview how they will look on your store before making a decision.
3. Add your products: To add products to your store, go to the “Products” section in your Shopify dashboard and click on the “Add a product” button. From here, you can enter the product details, such as the name, description, and price. You can also add product images and variations (such as size or color).
4. Set up payment options: Shopify allows you to accept credit card payments directly through its platform, or you can integrate with other payment gateways such as PayPal or Stripe. Go to the “Payments” section in your dashboard to set up your preferred payment options.
5. Customize your store: You can further customize your store by adding pages, navigation menus, and other elements through the “Online Store” section in your dashboard.
6. Launch your store: Once you’ve added your products and customized your store, you’re ready to launch! Go to the “Settings” section in your dashboard and click on the “Launch store” button to make your store live.
That’s it! These are the basic steps to get started. However, as you’ve probably already figured, there’s more to creating a successful online store than just launching the website. Most important of all, your marketing has to be sound otherwise no one will find you. For that, you might want to enlist the help of a top Shopify SEO agency. Here’s why:
Reasons New Shopify Merchants Need a Shopify SEO Agency
1. To improve search engine rankings: A Shopify SEO agency can help a new merchant improve their search engine rankings by optimizing their website and products for specific keywords. This can help the merchant’s website and products appear higher in search engine results, which can lead to more traffic and sales.
2. To increase website traffic: An SEO agency can help a new merchant increase their website traffic by implementing strategies to drive more organic traffic to their website. This can include on-page optimization, off-page optimization, and content marketing.
3. To improve user experience: A Shopify SEO agency can help a new merchant improve the user experience on their website by optimizing the website’s structure and layout, as well as the product pages and category pages. This can help improve the overall user experience and increase the chances of making a sale.
4. To save time: Optimizing a website and its products for search engines can be a time-consuming process. Working with an SEO agency can help a new merchant save time and focus on other aspects of their business.
5. To get expert guidance: An SEO agency can provide expert guidance and recommendations on how to improve a website’s search engine performance. This can be particularly helpful for new merchants who may not have experience with SEO.
From what we can see, Genius eCommerce is where you want to go if you need expert Shopify SEO assistance. Once you are ready to launch your website or if you have just started on your Shopify journey, give them a call and let them build you a custom SEO plan specifically for your Shopify store!