Twitter is one of the most popular and commonly used social networking platforms, which allows you to connect with people no matter where you live. This platform provides you with various great features and options that help you to maintain your privacy. For instance, it provides you with the ability to decide who can see your tweets and who cannot. And along with this, it also provides you with the option to block and unblock someone. Every one of us wants to have a large number of followers. But having a huge follower list can fill up your Twitter feed with unwanted and unnecessary posts and tweets. We often receive spam DMs from unknown people, which is frustrating for all of us. So, to avoid that, it’s always better to block all the anonymous accounts from our profile.
Are you also a Twitter user? Want to know how you can block and unblock someone on this social networking app? If you have just started using the Twitter app and don’t know the process for this, don’t worry. Here, in the following article, you will know all about blocking and unblocking someone on the Twitter app on your device. This article will provide you with complete instructions for this purpose. So, please go through this full post to know how you can block and unblock anyone on Twitter.
The Process for Blocking and Unblocking Someone on the Twitter App
The Twitter app gives you the ability to have complete control over your account. And even though it is an excellent platform for discussions and debates. But sometimes, some heated debates turn into trolling. And this is where you can use the feature of blocking. However, the process for blocking and unblocking someone on Twitter is different as compared to doing so on any other social networking platform. With just a few taps, you can easily block and unblock anyone on Twitter. Blocking any user on the app will prohibit them from contacting you or from viewing your posts. While on the other hand, if you accidentally block someone on the app, you can easily unblock them as well.
As it is a cross-platform application that you can use on any of your devices, including Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows, that is why here, we have explained the procedure covering all the devices. Now, it’s time when we should head towards the process to start with the task. Here’s how you can block and unblock someone on the Twitter app.
Instructions for Blocking Someone on the Twitter App on Android Devices
If you use the Twitter app on any of your Android devices, here’s what you need to do to block someone’s profile:
- First of all, on your Android device, open the Twitter app and then log into your account with your username and password.
- After logging in, now navigate to the profile that you are going to block.
- On the person’s profile page, go to the three-dotted icon that you can see at the top left corner of your screen and then tap on it.
- After tapping on the icon, you will be provided with a few options. And here, you will have to tap on the option of “Block.”
- After this, you will be asked to confirm the action. Tap on the option of “Block” again and complete the process. And that’s all.
After blocking a profile, that person will not be able to contact you. And you also cannot see their posts and tweets.
To block a Twitter profile on your iPhone or any other iOS device, you will need to follow the same steps. There is another method of blocking someone on Twitter on your Android and iOS devices. You can block a profile from their tweets as well. Here’s how:
- First of all, launch the Twitter app on your device and log into your account.
- Now, head to the tweet posted by the account that you want to block.
- And next, go to the down-arrow icon that you can see placed at the top of the tweet.
- After tapping on the icon, now choose the option of “Block” from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Again, from the pop-up that appears on your screen, select the “Block” option to confirm your action.
So, these are the two ways for blocking a Twitter profile on your Android and iOS devices. Now, let’s see how you can unblock someone:
Unblocking a Profile on Twitter on Android and iOS Device
To unblock any profile on Twitter on your Android and iOS device, please follow these steps:
- Open the app on your device and then navigate to the app Settings by tapping on your profile icon.
- On the next screen, go through the option of “Settings and Privacy,” that you can see placed above the Help Center option.
- After reaching the Settings and Privacy section, now choose the option of “Privacy and Safety.” You will then see a privacy menu where you can view and unblock the blocked Twitter accounts. And that’s it.
The Steps for Blocking a Twitter Profile on a Computer System
Here’s how you can block a Twitter profile on your Windows and Mac computer:
- Visit the Twitter website on your computer and then log into your account.
- And now, Navigate to your profile and select the “Followers” tab.
- And then, search for the users that you want to block and choose the three-dotted icon that you will be able to see placed beside their profile name.
- From the menu, select the option of “Block” and confirm the action by clicking on the “Block” option again.
So, that’s pretty much you need to do to block and unblock someone’s profile on Twitter. If you like this article, then please follow our website to read more posts like this.