Often people look for the process to transfer Quicken data to QuickBooks desktop, simply after considering the features and benefits of QuickBooks desktop. If you are also interested in knowing about the process of converting Quicken data to QuickBooks desktop, then reading this post carefully till the end would surely work. The most important fact associated with this transfer is that the process of file conversion from Quicken to QuickBookscan’t be reversed. This actually means that once the Quicken file is converted, it can’t be changed back or revered.
Moreover, backing up the file is another important aspect. To know more, scroll through this post carefully. Or feel free to connect with our technical sound QuickBooks experts right away.
Steps to convert Quicken data into QuickBooks data
The user can carry out the below steps to convert the Quicken data into QuickBooks data. Let us explore the steps below:
Step 1: Using Quicken converter
The user is recommended to ensure that he/she is not having another version of the software installed.
- The user is supposed to download the version of converter tool that matches the year version of QuickBooks desktop
- Quicken 2021 converter
- Quicken 2020 converter
- Quicken 2019 converter
- Quicken 2018 converter
- Quicken 2017converter
- After this, install and covert by using the below steps.
- Launch the downloaded Quicken converter and then select next
- And select I accept the terms in the license agreement and also hit next
- Start the installation of Quicken converter and also select next and hit install
- Select launch quicken converter and hit finish tab
- Choose I am transferring data from quicken for windows and also select get started
- Select for opening a data file located on this system and then select file option
- Browse to choose quicken file and then select OKtab
- Select convert it and also hit ok tab.
- Lastly, save the new quicken data file and select save and hit edit tab
Step 2: Look for .QDF, not .QFX
The tool indicates that it is creating a .QFX file, but it is also creating a .QDF file. The user needs to look for the upgraded .QDF file in a folder named Q18Files or Q17Files, which is at the same location where the original Quicken file is present.
Step 3: Using conversion utility
- Here, the user needs to move to the file option and then select utilities. Select covert and opt for from Quicken
- Select the quicken file that is to be converted
- And lastly, the user will be guided by the conversion utility all through the rest of the conversion.
Transferring Quicken data to QuickBooks desktopdoesn’t involve any rocket science. The above stated steps might be more than enough to carry out the process successfully.
Whereas, if in case you get stuck at any point of time, or if you need assistance from our QuickBooks desktop support team and accounting experts, then do not think much in connecting with our team of accounting experts and CPA’s using our dedicated helpline i.e. 1-800-761-1787.
Mote helpful resources: