QuickBooks error code 80070057 is seen with an error message stating “80070057: the parameter is incorrect”. This error is seen when the user tries to open a file QuickBooks can’t find the company files. It means that the user hasn’t enough permission to delete the files from the particular folder. The user must have the permission or access to the company file for creating and deleting it. Moreover, when QuickBooks account manager creates a company file in QuickBooks, and it doesn’t open when the user tries to open the same file. Each time the user tries to open the file within QuickBooks, an error message might be seen that says the file was created in the earlier version.
Getting rid of QuickBooks error code 80070057 is possible using the steps that we have discussed later in this post. Or getting in touch with a team of professionals via our support number is recommended, if you are new to QuickBooks or want any technical assistance.
Factors causing the QuickBooks error 80070057
The user can end up in this sort of error due to the following factors:
- In case the QuickBooks installation is damaged
- Or QuickBooks is unable to read the company file due to the company file extension being changed
- Moreover, if the QuickBooks installation is damaged
- Or QuickBooks for windows file extension is wrong type: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx
- Also, if the third-party firewall that is not configured for QuickBooks
- In case the user is trying to open a portable file without having QuickBooks open
Quick Troubleshooting Guide to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Checkout the following steps to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code 80070057:
Step 1: Moving the company file to the default location to fix the error
The user can move the company file to the default location, in order to fix the QuickBooks error 80070057. The steps to be carried out in this procedure are as follows:
- First of all, the user needs to quit QuickBooks desktop
- And then look for the location of the company file
- The next step is to right click on the company file and also click on copy
- Moving ahead, the user needs to browse to the default location and right click and also click on paste. The location is: C:\Users\Public\PublicDocuments\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company files
- Once done with that, the user should relaunch the QuickBooks software and also click on the find company file tab
- Now, the user is supposed to click on the local drives and then look for the company file name
- The last step is to click the correct company file and click on open
Step 2: Run QuickBooks desktop as system admin
- Firstly, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that right-click to the QuickBooks icon.
- Now choose Run as administrator option.
- After following these steps If your company file did not open automatically, then choose the company file, and select Open.
Have you tried the above discussed strategies? Still unbale to tackle with the QuickBooks error code H505 issue? Our QuickBooks enterprise technical support team have a couple more options for you to help fixing the error without falling out. Get on the phone with us at 1-800-761-1787, and we would be happy to help you.