QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 or OLSU 1022 is basically a bank feed error that can be seen when there is any issue with the online banking feature. The online banking feature permits the user to reconcile the bank account swiftly and also offers accurate data compiling to the system. It also allows the user to connect the credit card or bank accounts directly to QuickBooks software. When the user tries to create an online bank account in QuickBooks desktop, the following error might appear stating as
“An error occurred while updating the branding files! Please restart the online banking setup wizard to initiate the update process”.
Keep reading further to elevate your understanding of fixing QuickBooks bank feeds errors (OLSU 1024 or OLSU 1022). Use our helpline to speak to our tech professionals for further assistance.
What instigates QuickBooks OLSU errors?
The below stated factors can be a valid reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 or OLSU 1022. Let us explore the factors one by one:
- Using a discontinued version of QuickBooks
- One or more company files having issues
- In case of any issue with the download or import format
- Any issue with the internet connection
- Issue with the financial institutions including critical alerts that aren’t being acknowledged after logging into online banking directly on the website
Measures to be taken to resolve the QuickBooks Error OLSU -1024 or OLSU 1022 issue
In order to get rid of QuickBooks bank feeds errors, the below measures can be taken into consideration. Let us have a look:
Method 1: Edit the fidir.txt preferences
Editing the fidir.txt preferences can resolve the OLSU errors up to certain extent. The steps that are to be followed under this process are as follows:
- Start with moving to the following location C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist and locate the fidir.txt file
- Right click the file and pick the properties tab
- The last step is to select the read-only box and you are done
Method 2: Updating the QuickBooks software to the latest version
In case the first method didn’t work, you can carry out the below steps and update QuickBooks to the latest release.
- Close the company files and QuickBooks software
- Open the windows start menu
- Look for the QuickBooks desktop and right click the icon and hit run as admin tab
- From the no company open screen, move to the help menu and select update QuickBooks desktop
- Choose the options tab and select mark all and save tabs
- End the process by moving to the update now tab and selecting reset update checkbox and select get updates tab
This was the quick rundown of the causes and fixes that can be implemented to discard the QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 or OLSU 1022. Despite that, if you continue to bump into the same error again and again, then we are here at your rescue.
You can contact our QuickBooks error support team for quick and precise solutions. We are available round the clock and offer you the best services that your business deserves. Connect with us today, using our tech support number i.e. 1-800-761-1787.