QuickBooks POS error 1706 might be seen when a user tries to install from a removable media, like CD or DVD. QuickBooks point of sake is a great software that enables the users to easily manage sales, customers, and inventory. When a user tries to start the point of sale installer, then in that case he/she might end up in QuickBooks Point of sale error 1706. The error message that appears on screen might say that a valid source was not found while trying to open POS.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale
If you are also facing QuickBooks POS error code 1706, then in that case we would recommend you to consult our accounting professionals right away at 1-800-761-1787. Our experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate support services.
Factors causing the QuickBooks error 1706
The user might end up in this error due to the below factors:
- In case the user is having corrupted windows registry
- If there are too many applications that are starting during the windows startup
- Microsoft .net framework version installed on the system is not compatible, not properly installer, or is incompletely installed
- Microsoft .Net framework 1.1 that is installed on the system is a beta version
- The source such as CD, DVD, or InstallShield from which the QuickBooks point of sale has ben installed is damaged or corrupted, so important POS components could not be installed
- Hardware or random-access memory decline
Using system file checker tool to fix the QuickBooks error 1706
The user can make use of system file checker tool in order to get rid of the QuickBooks error 1706. The steps to be followed are:
- The user needs to firstly click on the start tab
- And then, the user needs to type these words in the search box- command prompt
- In the search results, the user needs to right click on command prompt
- The user is then required to select run as admin option. In case required then enter the admin password
- In case, the PC is using Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, or 8 operating system, then the user will have to run the DISM tool before running the system file checker tool
- Once done with that, type in SFC in the command prompt window
- Followed by pressing enter
- And the tool will scan and repair corrupted system files
- The command prompt window should not be closed until the verification process is fully completed
Towards the end, we believe that the QuickBooks error code 1706 might have been resolved by carrying out the steps above. But if in case, the error continues to trouble you, or if you need any sort of technical assistance, then in that case feel free to consult our QuickBooks desktop support team at +1-800-761-1787.
We are a team of QuickBooks desktop support experts and certified professionals, who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services.