Many errors occur when a user tries to open a company file in the QuickBooks software. One such error is the QuickBooks Error 80070057. Generally, this error will occur when users are trying to access their company file saved in the QuickBooks application software. As a result, users are unable to open the company files. A similar error is detected by the users called the QuickBooks Error QBWC 1085.
In addition, users are not allowed to delete that specific file or folder as they do not have the required permission to do so. There can be many reasons why this error occurs but the main reason can be the older version of the QuickBooks application. It is recommended to all the QuickBooks users to update their QuickBooks application to its latest version on a regular basis.
Possible Causes of the QuickBooks Error 80070057
The following are the possible causes of this error:
- As stated above, an out-dated version of the QuickBooks software can be the reason behind this error.
- Faulty firewall and anti-virus settings might be causing this error.
- It is possible that when you installed the QuickBooks application, there might be damage that occurred to your company file.
- The .ND file might be damaged or corrupted.
- The file extension of the company files might be incorrectly changed.
Identification of the QuickBooks Error 80070057
The following are the signs that will help in the identification of this error:
- The Windows of the QuickBooks program will continuously crash down.
- Your computer system inputs will stop responding or respond very slowly.
- An error message will display on your computer screen along with the error code like this: “QuickBooks Error 80070057: The parameter is incorrect”.
- The computer screen will freeze periodically for a couple of minutes.
Solutions to Solve the QuickBooks Error 80070057
Given below are the solutions that help the users in solving this error:
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Go to the Intuit official website.
- In the search box, type ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub’.
- Click on the download link to download the tool in your system.
- After that, install the tool by following the prompts appear on the screen.
- After installing, open the tool.
- Click on ‘Allow’ to grant the required permissions.
- Choose the ‘Company Files Issues’ tab from the menu.
- Select the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool.
- Let the tool scan your system completely to detect the errors and solving altogether.
- Close all your programs and shut down your computer.
- Again start your computer and check if the issue resolves or not.
Solution 2: Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- On your keyboard, press the ‘Windows’ key.
- In the search box, type ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- Click the ‘Add Folder’ option.
- The ‘Browser Folder’ window will appear.
- Choose the folder where you saved your company file.
- Click on the ‘Scan’ button.
- When the scan completes, try to open the company file again.
The above article is based on the information regarding QuickBooks Error 80070057. There is an error called QuickBooks Script Error, that occurs in the scripts of QuickBooks.
If a user still has any doubts, feel free to contact the QuickBooks Error Support experts for professional help and technical guidance. Contact on this 24/ 7 available number: 1- 877- 349- 3776.