Users/businesses looking to migrate Exchange to Office 365 need to do proper planning before migrating. Planning is the most important aspect before carrying out any activities, so the users need to consider many factors keep in mind that affect the overall operation of migration. In this write-up, we’ll highlight various paths for the users looking for Exchange to Office 365 migration.
Why are most users looking to migrate Exchange to Office 365?
- One of the most important benefits of switching to Office 365 is the complete control over the hardware and does not need to invest much in infrastructure apart from purchasing the subscription.
- Microsoft provides data security, so you do not need to worry about data loss due to technical fault or against threats like virus attacks.
- Auto-update feature in Office 365 makes the most preferred email communication service among the on-hosted exchange. The user does not need to worry about updates, as everything is taken care of automatically by Microsoft.
Way to migrate from Exchange to O365
There are three ways to migrate from Exchange to Office 365:
- Exporting Exchange Mailboxes to PST(Outlook) and then Import PST into Office 365
This method is useful when you have a small no. of mailboxes, and you can export these mailboxes to PST and then import the PST file into Office 365.
- Export Exchange mailboxes to Office 365
This method is suitable when you have many mailboxes to migrate, then you can choose to export Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 using Cutover, Staged, and Hybrid migration.
- Using Professional third-party tool
Shoviv Exchange Server Suite is the recommended tool to migrate Exchange to Office 365. It is one of the finest tools to migrate Exchange mailboxes to Office 365 without taking much time for the user. Advanced tool to recover inaccessible and corrupted PST, OST, and EDB files.
This tool is available with the free demo version, and users can migrate the first 50 items/folder to check the tool’s efficiency.