Before talking about the resetting process, here we have described how the router functions and why do we need a reset.
How Router functions & why do we need a Reset?
There is always a question in the user’s mind: what is a Router and how it functions? So, the answer is very simple, a Router is a device based on modern network computing, which connects various devices to it via a network. It helps in providing a strong internet connection.
Coming to its working, it provides the best security, it has an embedded firewall as well as the content filtering software which can detect any of the malicious and unwanted threats which can create a huge issue while assessing any of the online websites.
It operates both public as well as private IP addresses and in case you are using more than one device and the Router is not updated about it, in that case, the signal will become weak and can break too.
Then reset Netgear Router will help the user to assign the IP again in a proper manner. But sometimes the user has to go through a variety of issues when this device is not working properly. Then he or she has to go for the Netgear Router reset.
What are the most common Router problems?
It is very obvious that any of the technical devices can undergo any of the technical glitches, which will stop it from running smoothly so in that case, the user has to reset Netgear Router. Here are some of them mentioned below.
- The Router might be turned off, and you have forgotten to turn it on.
- There are any problems coming into the password which is needed to connect with the wifi.
- If it is not located in the right place, it will not be able to provide strong signals.
- The wifi card setup is not done right.
- It could be the main reason why it is not working properly, that it is not getting the proper power.
- The power card is working or not and has to be checked.
Steps to reset the Netgear Router
The users have generally this question in mind, how to factory reset the Netgear Router? Follow these steps and do it now.
- The reset button is located at the backside of the Router, which needs to be pressed, by the user, first make it turn off and then make it turn on.
- The label is there for the reset button you can easily find it.
- Now, the reset button has to be pressed, with the help of a paper clip or a pin, but before doing that the user has to bend it, as the reset button is very small, and the hands can’t reach up to there.
- For at least 7 to 10 seconds the button needs to be pressed, don’t drop down the button, or the whole process will get canceled, and it has to be started from the beginning.
- After a few seconds release the reset button, and the rebooting will start from here.
- The power light will target to blink the green light.
- Once the process is completed the LEDs will stop wavering and it will lighten up with a solid green light.
In this guide, we have covered up mostly everything about the Netgear Router factory Reset, but if you still have some of the queries then we are here, connect with us immediately and get instant help.