About QuickBooks Error H202
The company files issues are generally the most common errors that occur in the QuickBooks application such as QuickBooks Error 80070057 and QuickBooks Error 6000. There is an error called QuickBooks Error H202 that obstructs the user to access the company file that is stored on another device. There can be many causes for this error. The main cause can be the incorrect DNS settings in the system. This error falls into the category of H-series errors. These errors are related to the company file restriction on another computer or device.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error H202
The following are the causes of the QuickBooks Error H202:
- The QuickBooks hosting configuration file settings are incorrect.
- It might be possible that the QuickBooks servers are blocked by third-party security software such as a firewall or anti-virus.
- The QuickBooks workstations are not able to connect with the host computer. In other words, the IP address of the QuickBooks workstations is unreachable.
- Fault in the DNS settings.
- Multiple versions of QuickBooks Database Server Manager are running.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Error H202
The following are the symptoms of the QuickBooks Error H202:
- Your computer screen will pop-up an error message box that also contains the error code like this: “QuickBooks Error H202 occurred: Unable to open a company file”.
- Windows inputs will become completely unresponsive.
- Freezing of the QuickBooks application frequently.
- Crashing down on the windows active programs that are currently running.
- The error message continuously flashes on your screen whenever you try to open the company file.
Solutions to Solve the QuickBooks Error H202
Below are the solutions that help in fixing the QuickBooks Error H202:
Solution 1: Change the Location of the Company File
- Go to the C: drive on your computer and make a new folder to keep the company file.
- From the exiting company file folder, choose the company file and the .TLG file.
- Copy these files.
- After that, move to your newly created company file, and paste the copied files here.
- Try to access the company file in multi-user mode.
- Check if the issue resolved or not.
Solution 2: Change the name of the .TLG and .ND
- Close all the running programs in QuickBooks.
- Go to your company file folder.
- Look for the .TLG and .ND files in the folder.
- Right-click on these files and select the ‘Rename’ option.
- Delete the .TLG and .ND file extension and replace it with the .OLD extension at the end of the file name.
- After that, close all the programs.
- Reboot your computer.
- Restart the system.
- Check if the QuickBooks Error H202 is resolved or not.
The above article is based on the information regarding How To Resolve the QuickBooks Error H202. There is a tool called QuickBooks File Doctor that is launched by Intuit to fix the company file issues that occur in the QuickBooks application. If the above solutions are not working out for you, you can take some technical help from the QuickBooks Error Support experts by contacting this number: 1- 877- 349- 3776.