It could be very surprising and frustrating to see that some essential features of your computer disappear randomly. If you have lost a Windows feature on your computer recently, then do not worry since it can happen to any user. It is a glitch on the Windows operating system that causes some features on your computer to disappear.
You should not worry if you are facing such a problem on your computer. It is possible to restore all lost features on your computer.
In this guide, we are going to explain how you can get your lost Windows features back on your computer. So what’s the wait? Let’s get started.
Restoring Missing Windows Features
Have you lost Windows Taskbar, start menu, power options, and other items on your computer? If yes, then don’t think that something is wrong with your computer as it is fairly common among Windows users. So you should not be anxious about it at all, and you can revert these changes. All you have to do is stick to the tips that we are giving you in this article.
Recovering the Windows Search Bar
The Windows search bar on Windows 10 operating system is located in the taskbar, and it is incredibly useful. Many users have reported that they have lost this search bar on their computer. This search bar is linked to Cortana, Microsoft’s iconic voice assistant. You can quickly get this item back to its place. Use the instructions given here to make this happen:
- First of all, right-click on the blank area on the taskbar.
- Then hover your cursor on the search option.
- Select the ‘show search box’ option.
- Now you should be able to see the search box in the taskbar of your computer.
- If you are still not able to restore this item, then please perform a right-click on the taskbar.
- Pick the ‘Taskbar settings’ option.
- Now make sure the option that reads ‘use small Taskbar buttons’ is turned off.
- Now check if you can see the search bar in the taskbar.
Restoring the missing taskbar
Many users claim that the taskbar of their computer has magically disappeared. This happens because users accidentally change some essential settings on the computer. You can undo the settings and bring the taskbar back.
Please follow these instructions to get your taskbar:
- First of all, bring your mouse cursor to the location where the task manager used to be. If it appears suddenly, as you put the mouse cursor on the bottom of the screen, it means the taskbar is set to an automatically hidden option.
- You will need to unhide it if you wish to bring it back.
- First of all, bring the taskbar by moving your cursor near the bottom of your screen.
- Then perform a right-click on your taskbar.
- Select the ‘Taskbar settings’ option.
- Make sure the option that reads ‘automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode’ is turned off.
- Also, ensure that the option that reads ‘Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode’ is also turned off.
- Now you should be able to see the taskbar as you usually do. There you have it.
Get Lost Taskbar Icons
If the clock, volume buttons, network icon, or other items become invisible on your computer, then do not worry as you can get them back.
- First of all, right-click the taskbar and select ‘Taskbar settings.’
- Scroll downwards and look for the notification area.
- Now, find the option that reads ‘turn system icons on or off.’
- Make sure system icons are turned on.
- You should be able to see your icons again.
Recovering Lost Start Menu
Have you suddenly lost your start menu? Worry not, as we have got you covered. All you have to do is carefully bring it back with the instructions given here:
- First of all, check if you are not in tablet mode. In tablet mode, you won’t be able to see the start menu.
- So, first of all, make sure you are using desktop mode. Just click the Notification button from the bottom-right corner.
- Select the Desktop mode or turn off the tablet mode.
- Now you should be able to see the start menu again on your computer.