In this article, we will discuss how you can set a custom background on Skype video calls. Everyone wants a pretty looking customized background for their video calls. Be it preventing the not so great looking interior or hiding unnecessary individuals from the scene.
Alongside offering you privacy, custom backgrounds offer a bit of radiance to your chat experience, especially at times when you are in a free-wheeling conversation with your loved ones.
Below we have mentioned the steps regarding how you can set a custom background on Skype video calls. But, before we proceed further to the steps, please do note that you will need the latest version of the Skype video calling app on your device (generally, it should be version 188.8.131.52 or higher). So, please do make sure that you have updated to the latest version.
You can customize an individual as well as all the video calls on Skype. So, if you love using customized backgrounds for an individual call or all of your video conversations, it can be done with ease by following the steps mentioned below:
Change Background for Specific Skype Video Calls
Below, we have mentioned steps with the help of which change the background of a specific Skype video call:
- Tap on the Skype icon on your PC to launch it.
- Start a video call in your usual way.
- Further, hover over the video button or go to the “More” menu by clicking on the three dots.
- Then, press the option “Choose background effect.”
- You can then add a new desired image as your background or select from those you have already added.
- In case you want to add an image other than the options appearing there, press the three-dots, and then click on the “+” button.
- You may then select the desired image from your gallery.
- The background will change instantly once you set your desired image.
- In case you want to blur your background, you need to tap on “Blur” and then set it accordingly.
Set Up a Custom Background for All Your Skype Calls
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to set up a custom background for all your Skype calls:
- Open Skype on your system and tap on your profile image.
- Further, tap on the three dots and select the option “Settings.”
- Then go to “Audio & Video” settings.
- After that, you can add a new image or choose from the already added images for your video call.
- In case you want to set your custom image, you need to tap on the three dots and then click on the “+” button. You may then choose your desired background image for your Skype call. You can also blur your video call background on Skype by clicking on the “Blur” option.
So, these were the details with which you can set a custom background for your Skype video calls. Despite facing stiff competition from other services that offer video calling, Skype remains the most loved video calling service among individuals.