Chromebooks come in a wide variety, and users need to set them up properly to get the most out of it. Chromebooks are not just a regular laptop that runs a couple of Android apps, but they are brilliant in performance and can be more helpful than many Windows laptops. Using a Chromebook always gives a fresh start, and operating it is pretty easy. Anyone can use it and watch their favorite shows and do productive work. But before using its complete features, users must set it up correctly, and here’s how to do it.
How to Set Up Chromebook
Before getting started, make sure the device is fully charged because the process can take some time.
- Open your fresh new Chromebook.
- Type the Email address of your Google account.
- Click Next.
- Type the password of your Google account.
- Click Next.
- Enter the verification code if two-factor authentication is enabled.
- Once logged in to the Google account, the data will begin to sync in Chromebook, but if you want to check the syncing options, look for Review sync options following setup.
- Click Accept and Continue.
- Read the Google Play terms services.
- If you don’t want to backup data, Tick the box to disable Google Drive backups.
- Click More to reveal more options.
- Uncheck the Use Location box if you don’t want the apps and services to track your device’s location.
- Check the Review your Google Play options following setup if you’re willing to check your permissions.
- Click Accept.
- Now you’ll enter the system setup, but there are still a few things that need to be done.
- Click on Take a tour if you want to see all features, but if not, click on the X icon on the top right side.
- Themes and extensions installed on your other computers will automatically install on Chrome. The pre-installed apps on your Chromebook will ask for an update, so update the time from the bottom right corner.
- Click Update All in the notification to begin downloading and install new versions of the apps.
- Google Play update tab will open, and you can press the back arrow to reach the home page.
- On the home page, a pop-up window will appear that will recommend downloading some useful apps for Chromebook.
- Check on the apps and press Install.
Once the apps and extensions are installed, users can start using their Chromebook as they want. However, they still need to login to their Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and any more websites to access.
Users can pair their Android phone and Chromebook to track many things in their Chromebook laptop. It includes calls, messages, and a few more things. Using a Chromebook is pretty handy, and it can install a huge variety of apps for better productivity.