In this article, we will discuss how you can stream Google Stadia Games directly to YouTube. Stadia is Google’s cloud game streaming service, which was introduced in November 2019.
It helped users access the various console and PC games from their respective browsers, Chromecast Ultra TV dongles, and Pixel phones. At Stadia’s launch, Google announced several amazing features, among which one of its premier features has now been rolled out.
Previously, you had to depend on third-party software to stream Stadia games to YouTube or Twitch. However, recently, Google has added direct streaming of Stadia games to YouTube just during the launch of Cyberpunk 2077. Now you can directly stream Stadia games to YouTube. Below we have mentioned the steps for the same:
Stream Google Stadia Games Directly to YouTube
To stream Google Stadia Games directly to YouTube, your YouTube account needs to be linked with your Google Stadia account. Below we have mentioned the steps for the same. You may go through them to accomplish this task:
- Go to the website link of Google Stadia.
- Further tap on your profile image appearing on the upper right side of the screen.
- Then click on ‘Stadia Settings’ to let your YouTube channel get linked with the cloud streaming service.
- Head over to the ‘YouTube’ section and all the channels attached to your Google account will appear on your screen.
- Tap on the ‘Link with Stadia’ button. It will appear immediately next to the name of the channel where you wish to stream the games.
- Further, you need to allow some permissions to Stadia. That’s it. You are done linking your YouTube channel to Google Stadia.
- You can then stream and play games from the cloud.
- In case you don’t have a YouTube channel, go to the ‘Create a channel’ button in the Settings. You need to click on YouTube, and you will then be provided instructions for setting up your channel.
- Further, refresh the settings page of Stadia once you have created your channel. Your channel will then show a ‘Link with Stadia’ button.
- You can then start streaming your desired games with the steps mentioned in the next title.
Stream Google Stadia Games on YouTube
After you have linked your YouTube channel to Stadia, you can stream games directly to YouTube:
- Choose your desired game for playing.
- In case you are playing with the help of the keyboard and mouse, click on ‘Shift+Tab,’ and the Stadia menu will appear on your screen. If you are playing through a controller, click on the ‘menu’ button and then on “Live Stream.”
- The option ‘Stream directly to YouTube’ will appear on your screen.
- Clicking this button will automatically stream your gameplay to YouTube. You won’t need any extra software for this purpose.
- While clicking on the button, you will be asked which age category this streaming is for. Further, enter a title, make adjustments to the privacy and sound settings. You can also have a view on how many individuals are watching your stream while you are playing.
- Further, press the ‘Start live stream’ button, and a ‘Preparing live stream’ text message indication will appear on your screen. After a while, a notification will appear on your screen indicating that you are now live.
- A red ‘Live’ icon will continuously appear on the upper-left corner of your screen until you are live.
Where is Stadia available right now?
Below is the list of countries that are supporting Google Stadia at present:
The US, UK, France, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Ireland, Finland, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Hungary, and Slovakia.
How can I watch Stadia on YouTube?
Once you are live, simply go to the Stadia menu and copy the link, and then share it with your followers to let them watch your gameplay while you are steaming.
Can I stream Stadia games to YouTube using a VPN?
Probably yes, but in this case, Stadia can detect the unstable connection and force you to end the game. You may use a VPN while using Stadia from an unsupported country, but you may face some issues, as discussed above.
Is it possible to stream Stadia games to Twitch?
Yes, Google Stadia gameplay can be streamed to Twitch, but surely you will need a third-party encoder software for that purpose. You can use third-party apps like Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) for streaming Stadia games to Twitch.
So, these were the details regarding how you can stream Google Stadia games directly to YouTube.