More and more people are looking for companies and service providers in their area on the Internet. In the past, the thick business directories, telephone books or yellow pages were used for research, today it is PCs, laptops, tablets and, above all, smartphones.
The increasing number of local search queries also has something to do with the increasing use of smartphones and tablets. In order to be found by potential customers in the search engines, companies must pursue a comprehensive strategy for local SEO. This article is about the importance, current changes for local search engine optimization that local businesses should be aware of, as well as the display of local search queries on Google.
Importance of local search engine optimization
According to Brand AdvoKates, offering best seo services in Dubai, most people who search for local suppliers in search engines already have an intention to buy. That is why there is great opportunity for companies to win new customers in this way. But for that, the company also has to be found. With local search engine optimization one wants to achieve exactly this goal. To achieve a good ranking in the search engines for relevant local search queries. Local SEO should be a central component in the online marketing strategy for local providers.
Some facts and figures
Many studies from 2013/2014 show the increasing relevance of local search queries. 4 out of 5 consumers conduct local searches on search engines before going to a local business or service. This means that only those who are present and found on the Internet can still reach most consumers.
- approx. 30% of all web search queries are local
- approx. 50% of all mobile search queries are local
- approx. 14% of internet users search for local providers once a week (15% even daily)
- 78% of local searches via smartphone end in a purchase (PC 61%, tablet 64%)
Nowadays, for the self-employed, freelancers and for all small and medium-sized companies, it is no longer about whether to do local online marketing or local SEO, but HOW.
I think that many SMEs cannot afford to neglect local online marketing or local search engine optimization in the long term in order to remain competitive in the long term . Particularly in highly competitive industries, good positioning and visibility on the Internet can represent a clear competitive advantage for local companies, which can also ensure long-term competitiveness.
As you can see from these examples, the local search is served by Google with the highest relevance. For local businesses, it means appearing in local search so that potential and existing customers can find them. The benefits that result from this are many. Here are some examples:
- Increase of visibility and presence in the local search engine results, Google search, Google Maps, Bing search / Maps
- The company is found by potential new customers and can thus generate new leads (phone calls, contact inquiries, etc.) and new orders or sales
- Over ¾ of all local searches via smartphone end with a purchase or use of a service (PC / notebook 61%, tablet 64%)
- A well-maintained Google+ Local page and a company website exude professionalism and trust among potential customers
- All company information required by the customer can be found quickly at a glance for the user
- Awareness of the company is increased
- Companies can connect with customers and respond to reviews
- Local SEO is part of the online reputation management of a local company
- approx. 30% of all web search queries and approx. 50% of all mobile search queries are local