The Intraocular Lenses implant is routinely utilized during cataract surgery. Intraocular Lenses work as natural lenses. Lens implant has various focusing powers like prescription contact lenses or eyeglasses. There are different types of Intraocular Lenses like – Monofocal IOLs, which has one focal point & can be set to focus on close, medium, and distance vision which is based on preference. Distance vision is the most common selection. Trifocal IOLs, help to see better in distance, computer distance, and reading distance. Trifocal IOLs help in allowing to see both the distance and near while looking in any kind of direction. Toric IOLs is used if one has significant eye astigmatism. Astigmatism result when cornea flatter in one direction like a football. Toric Intraocular Lenses are designed for correcting astigmatism and allows to have great vision without glasses. Phakic lenses are commonly used for correcting moderate to severe nearsightedness. Phakic lenses are surgically placed behind iris in front of natural lens. Phakic lenses are designed for people who are too nearsighted for LASIK & photorefractive keratectomy. The biggest advantage of Intraocular Lenses is it provides opportunity for improved vision. Intraocular Lenses help in improving our vision by removing cataracts and also correct astigmatism, nearsightedness and farsightedness. By replacing cloudy lens with Intraocular Lenses the patient can able to see clearly & safely. Standard Intraocular Lenses are monofocal which mean to improve the vision at just one set distance. Premium Intraocular Lenses are capable of improving vision at far, near, & intermediate distances. There is rise in number of patients who are choosing premium Intraocular Lenses. Toric Intraocular Lenses are specifically designed for correcting astigmatism in which patient’s cornea is of irregular shape. Biggest advantage of IOLs is it provides improved vision. Intraocular Lenses are suitable for patients with Presbyopia which describes age related degeneration of eyes due to loss of elasticity in lens, which cannot change the shape to focus properly on nearby objects. Intraocular Lenses are customized for ocular needs. However, rising prevalence of diabetes and eye disorders has given positive impact on target market growth.
The report “Intraocular Lens Market, By Type (Premium Intraocular Lens, Monofocal Intraocular Lens), By Material (Silicone, Hydrophobic Acrylic, Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and Collamer), By End-Users (Hospitals, Academic & Research Institutes, Ophthalmology Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers) and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2032”
• In October 2022, Alcon (ALC) has announced the launch of new ‘Clareon’ suite. Newly launched Clarion Toric intraocular lenses are glistening free toric intraocular lens which provides, unbeatable stability and exceptional clarity. Clareon Toric is based on STABLEFORCE Haptics technology with determined superior, rotational & axial stability. With latest launch of Clareon collection of IOLs includes, Clareon Toric, Clareon Monofocal, Clareon PanOptix, Clareon Vivity, Clareon PanOptix Toric, Clareon Vivity Toric, etc.
• In September 2022, Johnson & Johnson Vision has announced the availability of presbyopia correcting IOL which is powered by InteliLight technology. Newly launched product TECHNIS Symfony OptiBlue IOL is an innovative combination of violet light filter, echelette design and achromatic technology. TECHNIS Symfony OptiBlue IOL help in delivering good image contrast in day & night at all distances.
Intraocular Lenses replace eye’s natural lenses for restoring near and distant vision. Intraocular Lenses are also used in cataract surgery for replacing diseased lens. Intraocular Lenses has benefits like they do not breakdown, no replacement is required, it does not require any cleaning, does not change appearance of eye, and it help in improving vision which make patient to see clearly without any sensation. Intraocular Lenses are lightweight, flexible and does not affect any physical activities or by rubbing of eye. The shift to digital platforms has created rapid increase in vision demands, to meet this demand new advanced IOLs platform provides best and improved vision. However, due to beneficial properties, to improve the vision Intraocular Lenses market is expected to boosts the growth over the forecast period. As a result, market competition is intensifying, and both big international corporations and start-ups are vying to establish position in the market.
Before purchasing this report, request a sample or make an inquiry by clicking the following link:
Key Market Insights from the report:
Intraocular Lens Market accounted for US$ 4.03 billion in 2022 and is estimated to be US$ 7.9 billion by 2032 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.2%. The Intraocular Lens Market is segmented based on Type, Material, End-Users and Region.
• Based on Type, Intraocular Lens Market is segmented into Premium Intraocular Lens, Monofocal Intraocular Lens.
• Based on Material, Intraocular Lens Market is segmented into Silicone, Hydrophobic Acrylic, Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and Collamer.
• Based on End-Users, Intraocular Lens Market is segmented into Hospitals, Academic & Research Institutes, Ophthalmology Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers.
• By Region, the Intraocular Lens Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
Competitive Landscape & their strategies of Intraocular Lens Market:
The prominent players operating in the Intraocular Lens Market includes, Johnson & Johnson Vision, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, EyeKon Medical Inc., SIFI S.p.A., Alcon Inc., Rayner Group, HumanOptics Holding AG, Hanita Lenses, STAAR SURGICAL, and others.
The market provides detailed information regarding the industrial base, productivity, strengths, manufacturers, and recent trends which will help companies enlarge the businesses and promote financial growth. Furthermore, the report exhibits dynamic factors including segments, sub-segments, regional marketplaces, competition, dominant key players, and market forecasts. In addition, the market includes recent collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships along with regulatory frameworks across different regions impacting the market trajectory. Recent technological advances and innovations influencing the global market are included in the report.