The controlled release drug delivery market accounted for US$ 40.37 billion in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 83.02 billion by 2030 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.50%. Controlled release drug delivery system is used to release drug at a desired rate over a certain period of time which helps to maintain the therapeutic level in blood. For example, controlled release drug delivery system helps improve the efficacy ratio of the administered therapeutic. Uniform drug effect, less fluctuation in plasma drug levels, improved patient acceptance and compliance, and reduction in dosage frequency are some of the other benefits that a controlled release drug delivery system offers.
The report ” Global Controlled Release Drug Delivery Market, By Technology (Wurster Technique, Coacervation, Micro Encapsulation, Implants, Transdermal, Targeted Delivery, and Others (Micro-electromechanical Technology and Liposomes)), By Release Mechanism (Polymer Matrix Based Systems, Micro Reservoir Partition Controlled Drug Delivery Systems, Feedback Regulated Drug Delivery Systems, Activation-modulated Drug Delivery Systems, and Chemically Activated), By Application (Metered Dose Inhalers, Injectable, Transdermal and Ocular Patches, Infusion Pumps, Oral Controlled-Drug Delivery Systems, and Drug Eluting Stents) and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2030”
• In 2021, Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced positive top-line results from the Phase 2b/3 ALLEGRO trial evaluating oral once-daily ritlecitinib in patients with alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease driven by an immune attack on the hair follicles that causes hair loss on the scalp and can also affect the face and body.
• In 2021, KemPharm, Inc. (NASDAQ: KMPH), a specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery and development of proprietary prodrugs, today announced the U.S. commercial launch of AZSTARYS™, a once-daily product for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in patients age six years and older. Corium, Inc. (Corium), a portfolio company of Gurnet Point Capital (GPC), is leading the commercialization of AZSTARYS in the U.S.
Advancements in drug delivery system which includes its mechanical strength, ability to give comfort for patient, and capability to achieve high drug loading are driving growth of the global controlled release drug delivery market. In addition, controlled release drug delivery have various advantages like reduction in drug accumulation, reduced drug toxicity, stabilized medical condition due to more uniform drug levels, etc., which is boosting the growth of the global market. However, potential disadvantages like possible toxicity or non-biocompatibility of the materials used are expected to hamper growth of the global market. In addition to this high cost of controlled release systems compared to traditional pharmaceutical formulations is expected to challenge growth of the global controlled release drug delivery market to certain extent.
To know the upcoming trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
Key Market Insights from the report:
The global controlled release drug delivery market accounted for US$ 40.37 billion in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 83.02 billion by 2030 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.50%. The Global controlled release drug delivery market is segmented based on technology, release mechanism, application, and region.
• By Technology, the market is segmented into wurster technique, coacervation, micro encapsulation, implants, transdermal, targeted delivery, and others.
• By Release Mechanism, the market is segmented into polymer matrix based systems, micro reservoir partition controlled drug delivery systems, feedback regulated drug delivery systems, activation-modulated drug delivery systems and chemically activated.
• By Application, the market is segmented into metered dose inhalers, injectable, transdermal and ocular patches, infusion pumps, oral controlled-drug delivery systems, and drug eluting stents.
• By Region, the Global Viral Clearance Market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
Some of the prominent players operating in the global controlled drug release drug delivery system market include Depomed, Inc., Coating Place, Inc., Corium International Inc., Alza Corporation (Johnson & Johnson), Alkermes plc; Pfizer Inc., SKY Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.; Pfizer, Inc; Aradigm Corporation; and Capsugel healthcare pvt Ltd.
The market provides detailed information regarding the industrial base, productivity, strengths, manufacturers, and recent trends which will help companies enlarge the businesses and promote financial growth. Furthermore, the report exhibits dynamic factors including segments, sub-segments, regional marketplaces, competition, dominant key players, and market forecasts. In addition, the market includes recent collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships along with regulatory frameworks across different regions impacting the market trajectory. Recent technological advances and innovations influencing the global market are included in the report.