With 500 million active users each month, TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms. And with amazing growth rates, you can increase brand awareness and penetration through platform marketing.
But making TikTok famous isn’t as easy as it sounds. The competition is fierce and content tends to be lost in the ocean of content that is uploaded daily to the platform. Hashtags can be useful for this. Hashtags help people learn more about the context of your post. If you use the correct hashtag, your post will appear in the search results for the relevant hashtag. The more prominent your posts, the more likes and followers you have.
If you want to get a list of trending hashtags for 2020, or if you want to know the exact process for creating a unique hashtag, this post is for you. Before we start the popular hashtag countdown, let’s see how to generate creative and unique hashtags. This is important because worn-out hashtags lose their privileges over time.
Create or search for good hashtags
Hashtags play an important role in TikTok and other social networks. They can help you identify your competitors, expand the scope of your content, and gain more followers. Now let’s talk about finding and creating new hashtags.
The easiest way to find a hashtag is to use the Tiktok Hashtag Generator tool.
For more practical, follow the steps below to find the perfect hashtag.
Analyze hashtags used in niche content
You need to filter the content by the domain or interests that are relevant to you. Then go to the bottom of the hashtag with those posts. While browsing the platform, be aware of the hashtags used in posts that match your interests.
Check the hashtags used by your competitors
Hashtags used by competitors are also effective for content. Follow your competitors to see the permissions of the hashtags they use.
Create your own hashtag
While popular hashtags are great for eye-catching, custom hashtags can boost TikTok’s marketing and personal branding.
You can create marketing campaigns around hashtags and encourage followers/customers to use hashtags in their posts. In this way, you can acquire a large amount of user-generated content that acts as social proof.
Tips for creating your own hashtag:
- Hashtags must match what you’re posting, campaign, content, challenge, or posting.
- Don’t create too many hashtags. Focus on creating one or two good hashtags.
- Make your hashtag simple, easy to remember, and easy to spell.
- Do not use special characters or punctuation in hashtags. It can be difficult to remember. Not many people take a long time to copy and paste.
- Check out the hashtags you created on other social platforms. If they are viral there, it is better to throw them away and create a new hashtag.
- Now, let’s take a look at the best hashtags that will get likes and followers in 2020, without much hassle.
A list of popular TikTok hashtags that can increase your likes and shares
First, we identified popular content categories on TikTok. Then I grouped the hashtags into related categories so I could jump to the section I was interested in.