QuickBooks is a brilliant accounting software that offers useful features so that you can manage every time-consuming task of business. Features like inventory management, invoicing, and expense tracking make it the most appealing accounting software of the current times. Despite its usefulness, you may get troubled due to the presence of annoying errors. It can be frustrating when you are welcomed by an issue like QuickBooks Error 213. This error probably occurs while running QuickBooks verify data utility. If you encounter this issue, do not worry because there are various ways to get rid of it. In this blog, we are going to teach you how to resolve QuickBooks Error 213. However, before we do that, let’s take a closer look at the problem to understand why it occurs.
What is QuickBooks Error 213?
QuickBooks Error 213 is an issue that interrupts the rebuild data process. This issue occurs with an error message that reads:
LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify Account list. Duplicate name encountered.
What are the main causes of QuickBooks Error 213?
Several common causes may instigate the issue on your screen; some of them are as follows:
- An improper window registry
- Inaccurate input from customers
- Unknowingly you have deleted the important records of QuickBooks
- Malicious behaviors of QuickBooks software
How to solve QuickBooks Error 213?
Solution 1: Find and rename Duplicate entries in the QBWin.log file
- Press CTRL and END Key simultaneously
- After that, press the CTRL + F key and then enter duplicate in the box
- Choose and double click on the duplicate entry and then rename it
- Make sure that there are no duplicate entry left by running verify data utility
Solution 2: Access QuickBooks Log File with QuickBooks Desktop
- Launch QuickBooks and then press the F2 key to open the product information window
- After that, press F3 and then select QBWin.log file from the open file
- Once you have found the QBWin.log file, double click on it to open the file
In case you want expert help, call us on QuickBooks Phone Number 1-877-948-5867 and get quick ways to solve QuickBooks Error 213.