As an essential fatty acid, Omega-3 cannot be produced automatically by our body and must be consumed via diet.
Buy Now:- Vegan Omega
It has the ability to:
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve blood levels of triglycerides
- Lower the amount of LDL (bad) cholesterol
- Lower the risk of age-related mental decline
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases
The most well-known sources of omega-3 fatty acids include:
- Cod liver oil
For vegans, consuming supplements from animal sources isn’t a valid option. So they must rely on vegan omega-3 health supplements. But then the question arises – ‘Does Vegan omega work similar to other omegas?’
Plant sources provide one specific type of omega-3 in abundance – ALA (alpha-linolenic acid).
However, they fail to provide the following two:
● EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)
● DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)
Our body can convert ALA to EPA and DHA.
What is Flaxseed Extract?
Once used for creating fabric for textile goods, flaxseed has become popular as a health supplement after science brought to light its health benefits.
By cold pressing flax seeds, its essential oils can be extracted, oils that contain omega-3 in the ALA form. The oil extracted from flaxseed is available in both capsule and oil form.
Since flax-seeds only contain ALA, a biologically inactive form of Omega-3, our body must convert ALA to EPA and DHA before using it.
Similar Benefits of Omega-3 from Fish oil and Flaxseed Extract
While the form in which the two sources provide omega-3 differs, the benefits provided by the two are quite similar, including:
● Improved Heart Health
● Lower Triglyceride Levels
● Better levels of HDL cholesterol
● Lower levels of LDL cholesterol
● Better Skin Health
● Less chronic inflammation
Black Seed Extract
Black seed extract can enhance the positive effects of flaxseed extract. For thousands of years, these seeds have been used as health remedies.
A black seed extract has the following health benefits:
● Reduces high blood pressure
● Reduces Inflammation
● Ameliorates Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
● Relieves some symptoms of Asthma
● Decreases high levels of bad cholesterol
● Reduces stomach upset and cramps
The black seed extract is also good for the skin and provides the following benefits for the same:
● Reduces acne
● Reduces the development of plaques related to psoriasis
● Provides moisture and hydration to the skin
● Promotes shine in hair
Buy Now:- Vegan Omega
Fish oil and flaxseed contain omega-3 in different forms. While fish oil provides EPA and DHA, flaxseed extract provides ALA, which the body can automatically convert to both EPA and DHA. So flaxseed extract, along with black seed extract, becomes a good alternate source of Omega-3 for vegans.