Here are a few alternatives to decide college admissions for 12th (pass) children.
- Conduct a university entrance test.
- Expect students to write an essay/statement of purpose. This should include their goals for the future, why they want to study the course and why at the university in question.
- Conduct interview sessions with the applicants based on the SOP.
- Ask applicants to create a CV reflecting their academic performance, extra-curricular and more.
- Conduct admissions based on 11th and 10th grade points. (But this will not be the best alternative to choose from since the essence of a 12th board examination tends to bring out the best in children and they are likely to perform at least 20% better in their 12th exam as compared to previous years of matriculation).