QuickBooks Error 1603 occurs when you’re opening or installing QuickBooks desktop on your computer. Error code 1603 occurs when QuickBooks needs some component to run but they’re unavailable due to Windows or QuickBooks backend damaged or corrupted files issue.
In this post, we’ve discussed the causes and solution steps to repair this error
four Causes for QuickBooks error code 1603
- Problem with Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft MSXML and C++ files are damaged
- Windows issue
- Improper QuickBooks installation
How to Resolve Error Code 1603 in QuickBooks?
The installation error has six solutions. Advance to the second as long as the primary one doesn’t work. You’ll also plan to perform both the troubleshooting steps and it’s going to offer you better results. But note the subsequent facts before beginning to fix QuickBooks Error 1603.
6 Simple Steps to repair QuickBooks Error 1603
STEP 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Make sure to shut QuickBooks desktop
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub and attend your download by pressing CTRL+J
- Under your downloads list click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe
- Click Yes to permit this app to create changes
- Now click on Next to put in it so click Yes again for accepting the license agreement
- Click on Next then Install (It may take some time)
- Once the installation is complete click on Finish
Step 2: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Now open QuickBooks Tool Hub (Icon are going to be available on your desktop)
- Go to the Installation Issues tab and click on on the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- It may take your time to configure…
- Once it’s configured, click on Yes to just accept the license agreement
- Click Proceed to start out repairs on your QuickBooks desktop components.
- Once completed, restart your computer.
Step 3: Update Windows
- Make a right-click on the beginning button and choose Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Select the Windows Update section
- Click on Check for Updates
- If updates are available to download it’ll start installing it automatically
- Restart your computer now
If you were facing QuickBooks Error 1603 while installing QuickBooks desktop please proceed further to reinstall QuickBooks or if you were unable to open your company file before, proceed further to reopen it.
Step 4: Manually fix Windows component
If any of the above two steps didn’t work for you we recommend you fix your Windows component manually. If possible, attempt to contact any IT expert or speak with Microsoft support for this.
Step 5: Repair Microsoft .Net framework
- Press Windows+R keys together from the keyboard
- Type Control into the Run Window
- Head to Programs > Program and Features
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off
- If, .NET Framework 3.5 and later are check make them unchecked and click on OK, now restart your computer
- After restarting your computer confirm to test .Net Framework 3.5 and later again and follow on-screen instructions.
Step 6: Repair Microsoft MSXML
- Press Windows+R keys from the keyboard
- A Run box commences from the screen, type appwiz.cpl into it and click on OK
- Select MSXML 6.0 from the list and click on uninstall(at the highest of the list)
- Now download the msxml.msi file from the Microsoft Website
- Once it’s downloaded make a double click on that and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Install QuickBooks desktop after the whole install of MSXML file
After following all the above steps you’ll now not face QuickBooks Error code 1603 while installing or opening QuickBooks but just in case if it still exists please speak with our experts.