Sam Worthington is an Australian actor. He is best known for his roles in ‘Avatar’ as Jake Sully and ‘Terminator Salvation’ as Marcus Wright.
He voices the role of Captain Alex Mason, the protagonist character in the video game ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’. Worthington won the Best Actor Award from the ‘Australian Film Institute’ in 2004 for his work in the film ‘Somersault’.
Here’s a collection of the greatest Sam Worthington quotes:
24 Greatest Sam Worthington Quotes
1. “I also care that the public are getting their 12 dollars worth when they go to a movie and that they’re not coming out not wanting to ever see a movie with me in it again. I don’t care what people think of me as a person, but I do care what people think of my work and whether I’m investing enough into it.” – Sam Worthington
2. “I went to drama school with John Schwarz and Mike’s his younger brother, so he tends to just hang out, that’s it. So we’re a pretty tight bunch of guys, they do whatever they do and they’re my brothers basically.” – Sam Worthington
3. “Most actors go, I read the script and fell in love with it; I fall in love with the directors.” – Sam Worthington
4. “To supply people for ages in camps makes no sense… you have to rebuild that cabana that they rent out to tourists on the weekend. They need help getting their fields repaired and their boats repaired.” – Sam Worthington
5. “Everything is backward now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.” – Sam Worthington
6. “I want a movie to be satisfying for an audience. That sense of having to get it done, no matter what cost, is what I like.” – Sam Worthington
7. “If you look at the whole world now it’s just computer games, graphic novels, film, TV spinoffs, spinoffs of spinoffs like Deadpool spinning off of Wolverine. So I think that any kind of smart producer looks at all of those bases. Once it comes down to the integrity of it audiences are very smart, they smell that they’re just kind of being played.” – Sam Worthington
8. “There’s always gonna be criticisms, no matter what movie you do, no matter what. You can’t please everybody, and it doesn’t matter what the genre is. There’s always gonna be a positive to a negative comment.” – Sam Worthington
9. “You’ve always got to be smart enough to go ‘Well they’re going to have to bring some of their own in’. We don’t want to be a monopoly where we get shoved out, it has to be symbiotic.” – Sam Worthington
10. “Each job you have has its own challenges. Each film is a different journey.” – Sam Worthingto. That is one of the great things about my jobn
11. “I think any actor who talks in beatings-up is just talking himself up. I tend to not bring them up.” – Sam Worthington
12. “I’ve lost love. I’ve tried to reclaim a lost love and didn’t know how to do it.” – Sam Worthington
13. “The spirit that America has, the American industry creativity it has where anything is possible. Three idealistic Australians bringing in new ideas and being able to make the damn comic books that they’ve always dreamed about, it’s kind of a cool thing.” – Sam Worthington
14. “You get to play and go with the big boys, it’s a very privileged thing for us to do. So I’m sure we have more ideas than what I actually have time for.” – Sam Worthington
15. “All you need in any industry is someone to back you, and Jim Cameron backed me up.” – Sam Worthington
16. “I don’t mind being in studios, and I don’t mind being out in nature. They’re two different ways of making movies.” – Sam Worthington
17. “I’ve got to challenge myself more, and not listen to anybody else, and not listen to any media or bloggers, but just listen to myself. I’ve got to push myself. If I don’t believe I’m growing, and I believe I’m just coasting, then I’ve got to get off the train. I have to keep going if I feel I’m growing. It’s a long marathon.” – Sam Worthington
18. “The high mountains are barren, but the low valleys are covered over with corn, and accordingly the showers of God’s grace fall into lowly hearts and humble souls.” – Sam Worthington
19. “When you’re working with friends, unless the material is right, our friendship could end.” – Sam Worthington
20. “A mate of mine told me recently, ‘It’s the first time I’ve seen you work, Worthington.’ I thought that was quite funny, but he was right.” – Sam Worthington
21. “I do believe any hero is a person that can be knocked down. A failure isn’t a person who gets knocked down; a failure is a person who stays down, and to me, the great heroes take the beating, get knocked down and stand back up again. Perseus is defined as one of the great heroes in literature, so you gotta take that on board.” – Sam Worthington
22. “I’ve done a lot of roles where I’m the hero saving the planet. Sometimes you wanna completely try something different and create something unique and get lost in it a bit because it’s completely far away from me.” – Sam Worthingto, though i love doing themn
23. “Patriots is quite simple; there’s seven continents in the world if you had to sacrifice one continent and make it six would you do it? ” – Sam Worthington
24. “When I was in my 20s, I thought I knew who I was. And then as soon as I turned 30, I realized that I have bruises and bumps and dark parts. And you kind of go, well, that’s it. I’d rather embrace it than force myself to change.” – Sam Worthington
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Sam Worthington! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your family and friends.
Which are your favorite Sam Worthington quotes? Leave a comment below.