Spirometer is a device to measure the air capacity of the lungs by measuring the volume of air inhaled and exhaled by the lungs. There are various types of spirometers that use a number of different methods for measurement (pressure transducers, ultrasonic, water gauge). A spirometer is mostly used for basic Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs), finding the cause of shortness of breath, assessing the effect of contaminants on lung function, the effect of medication, and evaluating progress for disease treatment. With the increasing cases of respiratory disorder the spirometer market is expected to have a rise. The global spirometer market accounted for US$ 864.2 Million in 2020 and is estimated to be 1870.2 Million by 2029 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 9.0%
The report “Global Spirometer Market, By Type (Hand Held and Table Top), By Mechanism (Volume Measurement, Flow Sensor, and Peak Flow Meter), By Application (COPD and Asthma), By End User (Hospital, Clinical Laboratory, Homecare, and Industrial Setting), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa) – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2029”.
• In May 2017, ndd Medical Technologies, Inc. will launch best-in-class spirometer and portable all-in-one DLCO devices, this diagnostic solutions ensure in providing accurate diagnose patients at early stage, the company will demonstrate a variety of diagnostic solutions such as EasyOne Air, a portable, diffusion capacity (DLCO) assessment, a PC-based and portable spirometer and EasyOne Pro, spirometer and full lung volume measurement.
• In November 2018, Schiller AG launched CARDIOVIT CS-200 ErgoSpiro System device.
• In August 2020, Queset Medical, Inc., a leading distributor of supplies for testing devices, announced the launch of its PFT Anti-Viral Filters range that complies for the guidance for spirometer testing during the novel coronavirus.
Respiratory diseases are among the leading causes of death in the world. According to WHO, there were 417,918 deaths due to asthma at the global level and 251 million cases of Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) globally in 2016. Most of the deaths are to to delay in the detection and diagnosis. Therefore, spirometry is a key technology for early detection and diagnosis that can provide understanding of the severity of the infection and avoids misdiagnosis. Thus, with the increasing incidence of such respiratory diseases, the spirometers market can be expected to witness growth.
Before purchasing this report, request a sample or make an inquiry by clicking the following link:
Key Market Insights from the report:
The global spirometer market accounted for US$ 864.2 Million in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 1870.2 Million by 2029 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 9.0%. The market report has been segmented on the basis of type, mechanism, application, end-user and region.
• Depending upon the type, tabletop segment dominated the spirometer market and the growth is characterized by extensive use in the diagnosis of obstructive airway disorders including asthma and other pulmonary diseases.
• Depending upon the mechanism, flow- sensing segment accounted for the larger market share due to the rising incidence of chronic respiratory diseases and technological advancements.
• By application, COPD segment dominates the market due to the high and growing prevalence of COPD globally and the easy diagnosis of COPD offered by spirometry.
• By region, North America dominates the global spirometer market due to the increasing incidence of chronic respiratory diseases and the rising adoption of technologically advanced devices in the region. The second region to expect the growth is the Asia Pacific due to the improving primary care initiatives for early diagnosis. Management of chronic lung diseases such as asthma and COPD are expected to drive the market for spirometers in the Asia Pacific over the forecast period.
The prominent player operating in the global spirometer market includes chiller, Smiths Medical, Vyaire Medical, Inc., SDI Diagnostics, Nihon Kohden Corporation, nSpire Health Inc., Fukuda Sangyo Co. Ltd., Sibelmed, Labtech Ltd., Vitalograph.
The market provides detailed information regarding the industrial base, productivity, strengths, manufacturers, and recent trends which will help companies enlarge the businesses and promote financial growth. Furthermore, the report exhibits dynamic factors including segments, sub-segments, regional marketplaces, competition, dominant key players, and market forecasts. In addition, the market includes recent collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships along with regulatory frameworks across different regions impacting the market trajectory. Recent technological advances and innovations influencing the global market are included in the report.