Stylish and Sustainable Floor Seating? Yes, Please.
When you wish to achieve levels our spaces but can’t afford a totally new sofa or loveseat, we consider ottomans and poufs. Big enough compare unique vehicle features inside the room’s style, comfort (particularly for all of us floor-sitters), but less that individuals hurt your wallet.
Listed below are nine brands offering responsibly made poufs and ottomans, inspired by artisan craftsmanship all over the world-to be able to bring sustainability and years of tradition straight into your home!
If you’re searching for additional new furniture, listed below are our top chioces for sustainable couches and eco-friendly an espresso table.
- 1. Kiliim
- Sustainable Materials one hundred percent cotton
- Brand Ethics Ethically created in Egypt, handcrafted by artisans, fair wages
- Product Range Square poufs
- Budget Range $180
Becoming an Egyptian social enterprise, Kiliim collaborates with makers in Fowwa to produce stunning home products, including poufs, rugs, and mats. The business provides fair working environments and wages fifty percent greater (!) when compared with industry average, so artisans can continue crafts that have been passed lower from down the family. For pastel-infused and nature-inspired pieces, we love to Kiliim’s square poufs produced using one hundred percent cotton. Worldwide shipping could be acquired, as well as the pouf covers are machine-washable!
- Sustainable Materials Cotton and kapok tree fibers
- Brand Ethics Handcrafted by artisans, natural materials, carbon-neutral shipping
- Product Range Round poufs (filled or unfilled options)
- Budget Range $50-$120
LannaPassa partners while using Hmong and Lisu hill tribe communities in Northern Thailand to speak about their character and traditions together with you. As opposed to mass production, each pouf is usually handwoven with organic cotton and just filled with natural kapok fibers or left unfilled, whichever you would like. We especially love these for meditating or floor seating, adding somewhat cushion quite a few warmth and magnificence. Shipping is carbon-neutral, wherever you are.
- Sustainable Materials Organic cattail & blueberry leave fibers
- Brand Ethics Ethically created by women in China, organic plant fibers & straw, fair wages, carbon-neutral shipping
- Product Range Round & square poufs & ottomans
- Budget Range $25.90-$185
GrasShangai (literally) weaves together ancient straw techniques from China and modern decor with hands crafted mats, baskets, placemats, ottomans and poufs. Using naturally dried cattail and blueberry leaves, women artisans in Hubin County soak the plants until they’re soft enough for weaving. Each bit is produced-to-order with the locals, to be able to help preserve their traditions while adding these accents for the space.
4. Berber Stuff
- Sustainable Materials Made of wool
- Brand Ethics Hands crafted in Morocco mole
- Product Range Square poufs
- Budget Range $185-$266
Berber Stuff adds the checker and chevron flair to your residence that you just never understood you possessed. Hands crafted in Morocco mole, each square pouf will be selecting color and size to effortlessly fit your style and specs. All orders come unstuffed so that you can fill these with a cushion or old blankets and clothes (sustainable upcycling!). Just like a thoughtful added touch, the undersides add a hands-knotted kilim (rug).
SHOP BERBER STUFF
- Sustainable Materials FSC-certified wood, Certi-PUR certified foam, recycled fabrics
- Brand Ethics Ethically created in New You are able to, only sustainably sourced materials, recycled packaging
- Product Range Ottoman
- Budget Range $295
Sabai’s persistence for sustainability is actually impressive. Merchandise is produced using eco-friendly materials like plastic containers and responsibly sourced wood then come up with with fasteners, to entirely avoid VOCs and off-gassing. Choose your selected fabric round the Essential Ottoman (typically the most popular could be the dusty rose recycled velvet-swoon!). There’s also gently used furniture at bargains through Sabai Revive.
- Sustainable Materials FSC-certified wood, Certi-PUR certified foam or natural latex
- Brand Ethics Responsibly sourced materials, ethically created in California, gives back
- Product Range Square & rectangular ottomans, square & round poufs
- Budget Range $350-$895
For investment pieces that are made-to-order (also to last), we love to Medley. Offering various poufs and ottomans, you may decide your individual filling/cushion, fabric color, and wood, so most generally it is the factor you’ll need. All production happens getting a passionate team in LA, with 100 years of combined expertise. For every tree used, Medley plants three rather. Payment plans are available.
3. The Citizenry
- Sustainable Materials Vegetable-tanned leather, cotton, or in your town sourced rattan
- Brand Ethics Handcrafted by artisans, fair wages, responsibly sourced materials
- Product Range Square, rectangular, round, round ottomans
- Budget Range $255-$2,185
The Citizenry scours the planet for the greatest in artisan goods and techniques, from Peruvian master weavers to close printers in India. The organization includes a miniscule print of ottomans created in small batches most are crafted in fair trade spaces in Portugal using vegetable-tanned leather while others are workshopped in Jaipur, India using organic cotton. Yet each is timeless and opulent.
SHOP THE CITIZENRY
- Sustainable Materials Sustainably sourced hardwood, nontoxic cushions
- Brand Ethics Vertically integrated production, modular shipping
- Product Range Square & rectangular ottomans, benches or armchairs optional
- Budget Range $295-$825
Burrow had been a casino game-changer for several homes, from USB-outfitted furniture to modular sectionals that change because the spaces do. Here you’ll find sustainably made ottomans or entire armchair and ottoman sets, custom-produced making use of your selected fabric and wood color. Versatile enough to be used as leg rests or tables, it’s no doubt these certainly are a fan favorite.
5. Masaya & Co
- Sustainable Materials Sustainably sourced hardwood, responsibly sourced leather
- Brand Ethics Handcrafted in Nicaragua, artisan-made, reforestation initiatives
- Product Range Wood ottomans
- Budget Range $300-$380
Masaya & Co, resides in Nicaragua, includes artisan craftsmanship, sustainability, and Central American design. These responsibly sourced wood ottomans incorporate your wood preference (teak, mahogany, or walnut) and leather or patterned design. To acquire wood used, Masaya & Co plants new forests rather of damaged grazing lands. Inspire conversation and eco-friendly living with such incredible home accents.
SHOP MASAYA & CO