Blogging is the art of creating content. People who enjoy writing and are passionate about it choose to blog. Bloggers are those who write articles for traffic to their blogs. A blog writer can write about anything from their own lives to education and politics.
India’s blogosphere has been growing rapidly. The country is expanding in every field of technology and internet. This expansion and growth has led to certain restrictions being placed on the government. With GST now being implemented, it is essential that bloggers register under the tax.
We’ll be covering all GST registrations for bloggers.
Bloggers have to register for GST
For bloggers, registration is mandatory under certain circumstances. Here are the conditions in which bloggers will need to register under GST.
- Crossing this threshold:Bloggers also face the same dynamic when it comes to turnover within a financial years. GST registration is required if your blogger’s turnover is greater than 20 lakhs.
- Interstate supplyAs a blogger, it is quite common to offer your services elsewhere than your state. This is a category that includes content provided by bloggers from different states. You must register under GST regardless the turnover. That is, even though you earn Rs.1000 from interstate supply, GST registration is required.GST certification course It is now mandatory.
- Income from IndiaMany bloggers are able to earn their ad-sense income from India. Google US directly. GST registration becomes obligatory in this situation.
How bloggers can register as GST-registered
Bloggers can register as GST-registered individuals just like other people. It’s the same process as other service providers. To get your TRN number, you’ll need to submit your pan card details as well as your email and phone number. Following generation of the TRN number, these details should be provided:
#1. Business detailsThe individual must complete the business details. The purpose for registration is one of these three:
- At least 20 lakhs above the threshold
- Interstate supply (between 2 States)
#2. #2.Personal information like name and address must be included. Additional information such as name, address and DOB are required. Because of possible rejections, incorrect details could result in the applicant being rejected.
#3 Place of businessBloggers will give their residential address to be the business address. This is unlike other providers. Bloggers are usually self-employed and do not need an office.
#4 Bank account detailsA blogger needs to disclose their personal information, as they are the proprietors.
GST registration is not mandatory
Most bloggers engage in interstate supply. It is therefore necessary to register for the tax. Failure to do so could have legal consequences.
If you’re required to register, please click hereGST, lawIf you fail to sign up, you’ll be subject to legal charges.
You can also be removed from the registry if you do not comply with mandatory compliances.GST returnsYou will be held responsible for any actions taken.
- There is a Rs.20,000 penalty for failing to register under GST
- For not filing returns- Rs. 200 per Day
Is it possible for bloggers to register under the composition scheme
Composition scheme is an incentive provided by the government for small businesses whose turnover falls below Rs.75 lakhs each financial year.
They enjoy certain benefits, including fewer compliances as well as lower taxes.
Bloggers are mostly involved in interstate supply, so they wouldn’t be eligible for registration under the composition program. This is not just for bloggers. It is also for anyone who is doing interstate supplies.
The composition scheme is also not applicable to any service other than restaurants.
GST rate applicable to bloggers
Bloggers, like many service providers, would also be required to pay 18% tax under GST.
Get all information on GST registrations for bloggers