Veggie Nuggets for Toddlers
Make your kid happy at your next family meal with this easy veggie nugget friendly recipe, which has a similar texture to chicken nuggets full of vegetables, with some hidden veggies and whole grains, quick and easy vegetarian snacks for toddlers.
What are veggie nuggets made of?
You could use any kind of vegetables you want, for our veggie nuggets we have cauliflower and carrot are shaped into nuggets, and one cup of breadcrumb to create these crispy, delicious and satisfying vegan chicken nuggets.
Yields 12-15 pieces of nuggets
- 1 small bowl of cauliflower florets (the amount is about a fist-sized cauliflower)
- 1 small size carrot, peeled and cut
- 1 small cup of corn kernels, raw or canned
- 250 grams of minced chicken.
- Dash of Italian herbs
- Pinch of white grounded pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of breadcrumb
VEGGIE NUGGETS FOR TODDLERS PREPARATION STEP BY STEP:
(1) Steam cauliflower, carrots and corn kernels (if raw) until soft.
(2) Mash the steamed veggies and let it cool before mixing with raw minced chicken meat.
(3) Mix in seasoning. Stir well with a fork. Marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour.
(4) Make marinated meat-veggie mixture into nuggets shape. Coat the whole raw nuggets with beaten egg and bread crumbs.
(5) Air-fry nuggets at 160 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Then, increase temperature to 170 degrees Celsius for another 10-15 minutes or until golden browned. You may choose to shallow fry or pan fry in the wok, too.
This recipe is suitable for toddler from 12 months old up.