When choosing your sunglasses, you need to consider some important aspects. Besides the shape, color, or brand, the quality and benefits of their lenses should be the main criterion by which you choose them. Not all pairs of sunglasses are the same, and to block the blinding effect, you need a pair of sunglasses with polarized lenses.
Protecting the eyes from sunlight is an essential requirement of every sunglasses lens. It is vital to reduce the light intensity on days with intense sun, as well as the absorption of extremely harmful UV radiation, permanently present, regardless of whether it is sunny or not.
What is the polarization effect?
The polarization of light was discovered in 1808 by the mathematician Etienne Louis Malus. From a physical point of view, natural light is electromagnetic radiation that is composed of a magnetic field and an electric field, oriented perpendicularly generating each other. The polarization of light can take place naturally, by the reflection of unpolarized light on flat surfaces. The polarization of light also occurs by the thought of unpolarized natural light on any reflective surface that supports two optical media. The condition for obtaining the total polarization of the reflected light is that the reflected radius and the refracted radius be perpendicular.
In everyday life, light is reflected on a multitude of surfaces that lead to visual discomfort. This phenomenon is especially noticeable when light is reflected naturally on flat or smooth surfaces, such as water, snow, or even the car windshield.
Differences between polarized and non-polarized lenses:
The polarized filters applied to the lenses block the blinding effect, the wearer thus having an evident view, while non-polarized lenses blur the image by masking important information for the wearer, exhausting his eyes.
The lenses with polarizing filters block the blinding effect, allow only useful light to enter the eyes, and offer comfort, performance, and safety. While non-polarized lenses only reduce the amount of light that enters the eyes, it makes vision difficult and tires the eyes, not blocking reflections.
There are three types of lenses that can provide eye protection against ultraviolet radiation: colored aerial lenses, photochromic lenses, and polarized lenses. Of these, polarized lenses offer total security, protection that other alternatives do not provide.
The benefits of polarized lenses:
- 100% UV protection – protection against harmful UVA / UVB solar radiation
- Blind vision – 100% blocked reflection
- Clear contrast – visual definition by enhancing contrasts, without blurred images
- Natural colors – the correct perception of colors
- Reduction of eye fatigue – daily comfort and without overwork and eye strain
- Durability – polarizing filter lenses are durable and scratch-resistant
- Resistance to mechanical shocks – these are made to withstand impacts and protect the eyes. They are ideal for daily activities and sports
- Prevent eye diseases due to the cumulative action of UV radiation over time, such as premature aging of the lens, cataracts, partial blindness, conjunctival and corneal disorders
So, if you have decided to buy a pair of sunglasses, make sure you make the best choice. Enter sunglassesco.pk and see the full range of products.